Joe is attending an online learning session using a wireless internet connection that is disconnecting and making his session fruitless. He is upset about the issue and searches it on Google.
There are so many solutions that are making it difficult to understand what to do. So, we have gathered all working methods to make it easier for joe and anyone facing the same issue.
If you are also finding the solution to why does my laptop keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi, this article will provide you with a brief explanation of your problem.
Table of Contents
- Why Does My Wi-Fi Keep Disconnecting and Reconnecting?
- Can Routers Cause Internet Disconnect?
- Why Does My Laptop Keep Disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10?
- The Laptop Keeps Disconnecting from Wi-Fi in Windows 7
Why Does My Wi-Fi Keep Disconnecting and Reconnecting?
When you are using your laptop, you find your laptop disconnecting and reconnecting periodically.
It is more stressful when you are enjoying with your friends online, participating in live streaming, or taking an online course.
Maybe, to remove this tension from your life, you need permanent treatment for this issue.
You can solve your problems by following ways:
Solution 01: Restart your System
If your system is not stable with Wi-Fi, the most recommended treatment is to restart your system.
- Go to the start menu.
- Tap on the restart icon.
After doing this, you still find this issue. Then, restart your router or other Wi-Fi devices.
Solution 02: Forget Old or Other Wi-Fi Networks
First, you need to remove your Wi-Fi from your devices. Forget your password from your device. For this, you can do the following operations:
- First, go to the Wi-Fi icon in the right down corner
- Tap on forget password
- Wait a minute or two
- Again, put in your Wi-Fi password and try to connect
- Check if the problem is okay
Solution 03: Remove From the Network and Reconnect
You can disconnect your service-providing devices like routers and Wi-Fi devices only by plugging them out from switches. Wait for a while, and then again start your system.
If your system is wireless, you can shut off devices. You can do it by reading the manual on the internet or the manufacturer’s website.
Solution 04: Move Nearer to the Wi-Fi Network Sources
Sometimes, the primary source of disconnecting and reconnecting of Wi-Fi networks is the distance.
There might be an enormous distance between your devices and the Wi-Fi network. To correct this issue, you can move close to the source of Wi-Fi.
Moreover, you can extend Wi-Fi too.
Solution 05: Switch the AP Band of Router
The router’s AP band is also a primary reason for this hurdle. You can change the Wi-Fi range to 2.4Ghz.
It provides you with a faster speed to connect with the source of service. It can also increase the limit of connectivity.
Solution 06: Disable Auto Switch
In large organizations or hotels, you connect your system to multiple routers.
According to the strength of services, your device jumps from one network to the other. This unusual connection temporarily disconnects your devices.
The best way to correct this issue is to connect your system to only one network. Forget all the remaining Wi-Fi networks and remove them from your devices.
Can Routers Cause Internet Disconnect?
The router itself does not cause this issue. The modem handles the disconnection of the internet with your system.
We can relate the following problems with modem:
Unrelated problem: The cable between the primary service provider to your router may be faulty. To get rid of this issue, use high-quality cables. High-quality cables provide you with the benefits of smooth and fast service.
- Wireless Issue: Your computer disconnects from service when the wireless signal will momentarily be lost. Use Ethernet cables for a better experience, reduce the distance between service medium and your system, and alternate the wireless channel of routers on its page setup. You can also convert WiFi to ethernet.
- Router Update: You can visit the manufacturer’s website to download the latest version of routers. It is software firmware to handle such issues. You can also update it from the web setup interface.
- Alternate Firmware: Some routers also support third-party firmware, DD-WRT. It has many features as compared to the firmware.
- Replacement: If any of the methods are not solving your issue. Your router is broken. Just replace it to make it comfortable for your use.
Also, Read The Difference Between Modem and Router
Why Does My Laptop Keep Disconnecting from Wi-Fi Windows 10?
If you have this issue with your laptop, don’t worry; you can fix it with simple methods.
Before going through the process, two things are most important that you need to keep in mind:
- Backup your data
- Gain access to an administrator account
Method 01: Set Your Home Network as Private Instead of the Public:
You can easily change your Wi-Fi from public to private from these simple fixes.
- Go to the Wi-Fi icon in a down bar and then select setting
- Tap on Network and internet icon
- Choose your network of connection
- Look for Network Profile Heading
- Change connection from public to private
Check the problem now.
Method 02: Disable WiFi Sense
Wi-Fi Sense, a feature in your system that may cause issues to disconnect and reconnect. You can disable this feature in the following ways:
- Click the Windows icon in your taskbar
- Select setting
- Select the Network and Internet Title
- Use the menu to switch to the Wi-Fi section.
- Tap on the Manage Wi-Fi setting
- Scroll down to find out the Wi-Fi sense
- Check the box if the Wi-Fi sense is disabled or enabled
- Restart your computer before testing your issue
- Test your system if the problem is okay
Method 03: Fix Your Power Management Settings:
It is possible that your power management setting disables your wireless adapter from time to time.
To disable power management following ways are easy:
- Press Window + X simultaneously to switch to the Device Manager option
- Tap on Network Adapter to expand the list by clicking down the list arrow
- Select your adapter from the list and switch to the Power Management
- Check the box and turn it Off
- Restart your device
The Laptop Keeps Disconnecting from Wi-Fi in Windows 7
Troubleshooting the window is just like window 10. You can check out the solution in the previous heading.
These are the things that Mr. Joe tried and resolve his problem. Our blog encircles the main reason for the disconnection of your device from the internet.
Later on, we go through the fixes of these issues in multiple windows.
In short, we have cleared the question: why does my laptop keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi, and how to tackle it?
Hopefully, you have understood the entire problem and solution. If you still have any issues, let us know in the comment sections.
Also, Checkout Why is My WiFi so Slow (and How to Fix it)?