Hey you !! Wait a minute. Do you want to know How to extend WiFi signal range and the working and functions of it’s signal booster for home? Then no need to panic anymore. This article will provide you all that you need, in addition to this you will enjoy some more interesting information about this topic and many more related to it. Some of the points explained are listed below:
- Extend wireless network
- What is a WiFi range extender?
- How do they work?
- Repeater vs extender?
- Wireless access point
how to extend WiFi signal range?
You can achieve this by using a range extender quite easily.
what is a wifi range extender?
It is also called range ex-pander. It is used to increase the range of wireless signal it is present in between the client and the access point.
what does a wifi extender do?
It connects to the access point by wireless connection takes the signal from them and then transmits it again. It must be placed int the range of client. It contains a static Internet protocol address. It basically repeats the signal to make coverage to a wider range. It works similar to a bridge. It provides support when the distance between the connections is large and it is difficult to get good signals. Thus they strengthen the signals.
how to connect and use a wifi extender?
There are 2 connection approaches for this purpose.You can connect via WIFI using these 2 approaches:
Connecting through PC:
Follow theses steps to do so:
- First you will need to set the frequency of the switch according to that of router.
- After that connect the range extender to a power supply and switch on the button.
- After that open the wireless settings in your PC and do the SSID settings.
- Then in your browser a wireless settings interface page will open complete the setup and do the remaining required settings for You will be asked to enter some details also on that page.
Connecting through IOS/android:
- Connect the extender to the power supply as explained above
- Then in your IOS device go to settings.
- Do the SSID settings.
- After that in the browser a page will be opened, complete the remaining settings form there.
what is the difference between a wifi repeater and extender?repeater vs extender:
- A repeater consists of 2 router. One holds the responsibility of receiving the signals and transmits them to the other one. The second one holds the responsibility of boosting the signals.
- An Extender(also known as ex-pander) holds the responsibility of expanding the signal. Each of them differ from each other on providing better signals.
- Range extenders provide better performance than the repeaters. If you are thinking of installing WiFi repeater when you will be facing some issues
What is the Best way to extend wifi range?
Some of the best possible ways to do this are explained below:
- You should not trust old technologies anymore and try to adopt new and enhanced ones.
- Try to place router in a better place so that there should be no hindrance or obstacles in receiving the signals and the position of the antenna should also be checked.
- Use a dual band router if you have other applications running in your home that might cause any interference in your signal.
- Make a habit of updating your firmware regularly.
- Do check the security.
- Avoid any sort of hacking for extending the range of signal.
- use a channel scanner.
- Switch the channels.
What is a wireless access point?
- It is a device that holds the responsibility of connecting a wireless device to any wired network.
- Thus it is a communication device.
- It transmits and receive the signal.
- It provide security measures also.
- They resemble to broadband router in appearance.
- You can easily expand your network by using them.
- They are also used in cellular communication.
- They are also known as base stations.
What are wifi extender outdoor?
If you intend to extend the range of your signal outside your house then you will have to us them. It provides it’s services for outdoor purposes. You can extend the signal to another building using them. They provide pretty much good signals. You may need to use a directional antenna for this purpose and place the indoor repeater at the window of your house to extend the signal outdoor
dual band wifi extender:
They provide much better coverage. You don’t need to connect them by any data cable. It offers connectivity in 2.4 GHz and GHz frequencies.
can you use two or multiple wifi extenders?
Yes sure. You can easily use them but before that keep some points in mind.
- Don’t connect them by wireless means with each other. Connect both of them separately to the main router.
- Both of them should not have the Same SSID. You will need to do some settings in this case.
- You will need to do some additional hardware settings also
home wifi connection problems:
Almost every day you have to face some problems when connecting to your wireless network. Doing some settings and avoiding some Small things can help you achieve better performance in this regard.
- To achieve some better results you may use a good hub.
- A simple solution to every problem in this regard is to switch off the WiFi and then switch it on again.
- Switch it off on the devices that are not using it.
- Don’t keep it behind any solid material to avoid interference, keep it in an open area
- Try to keep in a high place for better coverage. Choose any central position in this regard.
- One more thing. Try to keep your network private, it will be much helpful in terms of security measure
Now you should have understood how to extend WiFi signal range. It is totally up to you which extender you may use but try to choose the one with a better performance instead of checking the price. Wireless access point will be required to set up the connection. Thus wireless extenders and boosters help you achieve better signal by extending it.Using a powerful one Will help you achieve mush more better performance.