I bet you are in need of some impressive knowledge related to WPS button on the router and WiFi hotspot shield.
No doubt dear, you are going to have all that in this article.
In addition to this, you will get some other superb information also.
What is WPS Button on the Router?
WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup.
The idea was put forward in 2006 to ensure the security of wireless connection to users who knew very little about it.
The users could quickly add new devices to the network they desire with this impressive technology.
It works only for wireless devices. WPS makes the task of connecting to a wireless network much easier.
You can make a connection with router much faster with it.
What Does WPS Mean?
It was introduced with the arising need of a simplified method for connecting devices to a network.
When you are connecting any device to a network, you must know its social security id and password.
Here what helps you in simplification of this process of connection is WPS.
But let me aware you that although it has many benefits, there is a small danger also in using it, the threat is that it is open to attacks and can be quite tricky in using on some devices.
Where is the WPS Button on My Router?
It is present at the back of your router, near all other ports. You may set it from there.
What WPS Button On the Router Does?
The button performs its responsibility in building a connection more natural.
Follow these steps to connect any device to it.
- First, you need to press the WPS button on the router.
- Then open the device with which you desire to connect and select the network name.
Thus it doesn’t require any password or any other information.
WPS Button on Printer And Router For Connection:
Moreover, WPS also performs its job in connecting to the printer.
Follow the steps described below to achieve this.
- Bring the printer in the range of this connection.
- Then press the button to enable wireless connection on your printer
- push the button on the router.
- Wait for 5 minutes, so the connection establishes, then continue the setup from your printer
- Press the button on router Meanwhile; the installation is in progress on the printer.
Thus you will have your printer to be in connection with the network.
WPS Pin Entry:
To establish a connection, the client needs this pin.
The client is any computer that builds a wireless connection with the router.
If you want to add a client, you may enter this pin.
Follow these steps to do so:
- First, you will need to log into the router with the username and password.
- The username and password are the ones you set. If you didn’t, then use the default ones.
- From the menu, select option to add client and then proceed to the next step.
- In the setup method select pin method.
- Then from the client side, you may need to run a configuration setup and do some setting to get the pin.
- Then come back to router settings and enter the pin you got earlier
- A message is shown confirming the connection establishment.
- An ID is generated. Note it carefully.
You can connect to Android devices also by using a pin.
Also, Read What is the Difference Between Modem and Router
Push Button Method:
You need to press the button and hold it for 3-5 seconds, then start the setup for configuration on the device and you are done with connecting it to your desired network.
Thus you may enable the data encryption just by pushing the button.
WPS Connection Benefits:
If you are thinking to have a good connection, you are looking at every aspect of it, it’s speed and availability but ignoring its security then I must say that you are going wrong.
Building up a wireless connection and not checking the security settings can lead to stealing sensitive information. Checking out the security is quite essential so that you are safe from the current internet issues and severe internet problems.
Some of the benefits of using such a secured connection are:
- You don’t need to enter the password details again and again when connecting a device.
- Windows Vista supports it.
- One cannot guess the security key because they are randomly assigned.
- Last but the most important one, your information is safe.
Besides some remarkable advantages, it has some disadvantages also.
- If you have visited on an ATM or used any login system online, you must have seen that after some incorrect attempts, it does not allow you to enter the details because it senses the smell of having something wrong.
- Since it does not require many permissions before entering, so it is easier for evil ones to connect to it.
- A hacker needs access to the push button of your router. And thus can connect to your network
- Weak passwords can be cracked quite easily.
WPS is Not Connecting:
Having a problem with it? Don’t worry; we are here to guide you.
Just follow these simple steps to solve your questions related to this issue:
- Check the encryption mode from settings.
- Check whether this feature is enabled or disabled in the router.
- Log into the WiFi menu and check the details.
How to Get a Secure WiFi Connection?
This is the basic need of every online user having a wireless connection.
Below are some ways to get it.
- By enabling it, you will save your wireless connection from people using you don’t know.
- You will save the addresses of individual devices that you want to allow to use your link.
- Thus it is safe and secure.
B) SSID Broadcasting:
By disabling it, you can get some security on your connection because your network won’t be visible to the public and they won’t be able to try connecting it or entering wrong details to connect to it.
Check out the Infographic about Top 5 Internet Issues
Thus WPS button on router looks so small, but it is the most significant source of providing you secure and much faster connection online.
WPS pin and push-button methods are essential in connecting device in a network in less period.
Thus it is time-saving.
Leave a Reply