Online connectivity problem is the worst nightmare for any online user.
The user experiences his net connection very slow, due to which he cannot do his online work.
He asks himself, Why Is My Internet slow?
- 1 What is a Slow Internet Speed?
- 1.1 Internet Connection Very Slow:
- 1.2 Why is My Internet Speed so Slow?
- 1.3 Why is My Internet so Slow all of a Sudden? How to Fix Slow Internet?
- 1.3.1 Internet Configuration:
- 1.3.2 Virus:
- 1.3.3 Check Browser Settings:
- 1.3.4 Broadband Data limit:
- 1.3.5 Speed Test:
- 1.3.6 Proxy:
- 1.3.7 Cable, Router, and Modem:
- 1.3.8 Troubleshooting:
- 1.3.9 Reboot:
- 1.3.10 Background Apps:
- 1.3.11 Device’s Setting:
- 1.3.12 Multiple Devices on the Same Network:
- 1.3.13 Username and Password:
- 1.3.14 Internet Slow IPad:
- 1.4 Conclusion:
What is a Slow Internet Speed?
This is the speed that is one which is not equal to the rate promised by your service provider.
It is less than that.
There is nothing much disheartening for an online user than slow speed.
You have once in your life experienced this frustrating moment. Many factors cause it.
Being an online user, you should know how to troubleshoot it.
It may be the fault of your service provider, while sometimes you are your culprit.
Your some carelessness may result in this problem.
The solution to this problem is not impossible now.
Sometimes there may be a problem with your browser also.
By checking and changing some settings, you can quickly overcome this problem.
Internet Connection Very Slow:
Does your PC net slow down at some moments?
Does it take the time to load Web Pages, download or upload data?
Don’t underestimate these problems considering them less critical.
They can result in slowing the speed permanently.
Determine the factors behind these and try solving them.
A slow connection is the worst headache for any online user.
We use the computer almost every day.
It is also becoming a need for every computer user regardless of his/her age, work or profession but when a user is unable to connect to it, then he becomes worried about it.
Why is My Internet Speed so Slow?
There may be many factors that may slow down your connection.
It may be slow due to your location.
At some position, the signals are quite slow.
The Increase in the Number of Users:
It may also be slow due to an increase in the number of users.
For example, in your office, many workers try connecting to it at the same time.
Some hardware restriction may also be a cause of slow speed.
The age of your PC may also be the factor in slowing down your work online. There are some brilliant stuff that you can do with your old PC.
A Problem on a Website’s Server:
It might also happen that a website’s server may be having some problems and you keep thinking why is my connection running slow.
In this case, the problem is not on your side.
It is on the website’s server’s side.
Multiple Programs Running in the Background:
Running various programs may also be a cause of slow connection. Similarly paused games in the background may also cause the problem
Hard Disk Full:
Your hard disk might be full. Due to this your connection may be slow.
A cyber attack may also be the cause of slowing it down. You don’t know when it occurs.
To know of more internet issues read Internet Problems Today and Current Internet Issues
Data encryption rate on your device may be a cause of slow one.
The process of encryption and decryption can slow it.
The DNS may also cause it. A DNS with limited cache slows it down too.
Try some other DNS.
Why is My Internet so Slow all of a Sudden? How to Fix Slow Internet?
By following the points described below, you can overcome this problem
Check your Ethernet cable and configuration.
Try running windows network diagnostic.
Sometimes there may be a fault in the network in your area.
Ask your neighbors are they facing the same issue or you the only one facing this problem.
There may be some software error on your PC, try removing it.
Run security scans
Check Browser Settings:
- Check your browser setting. Try reloading a website on different browsers, and then compare the time to reload them, and then use the one which was fastest.
- Clear cache from browser settings.
- Try deleting cookies
Broadband Data limit:
Your broadband data limit may also cause this problem.
Try checking it.
Perform an online speed test.
For an accurate result, try checking you’re it from different websites
Check the proxy and firewall.
If you are using a proxy, try closing it and then try to connect to it.
A proxy may also be a cause of this problem.
Cable, Router, and Modem:
- Check whether your cable, router and modem are working correctly.
- The length of your cable may also be a factor in slowing down your work.
- The range of approximately 45m-50m is good but if your cable’s length is higher in size than this than most probably it may create some problem in connectivity.
- Avoid bending the wire as it affects the performance of the cable.
- Check your home phone whether it is working fine or not
- Open start window, go to control panel then click Troubleshooting, in the network and the internet go to connect to the internet. In this way, you can troubleshoot your connection.
- Try checking network interface card
- Reboot your computer.
- IE requires some amount of computing power and disk space to work correctly. Every website viewed online is downloaded and saved in a temporary area.
- Remove some items to create space on disk.
Some background apps may also be slowing it down.
File sharing applications/software like Torrent may also slow it down.
They take the time to download a massive amount of data files.
In this way, they may make your internet speed.
Close them and then try to connect.
There may be a window open that is for some user request, and you may be unaware of it.
Many windows may be open in the background that may be slowing your connection.
Try closing them first.
- Check software updates on your device
- Check the date and time of your PC. Is it accurate?
- Check whether AM / PM settings are correct or not.
- Try disconnecting some devices
Multiple Devices on the Same Network:
Many of us have various devices connected to the internet like phones, laptop, etc. try closing the connection on these then connect to it.
Electromagnetic interference by these devices may cause the hindrance
Username and Password:
If you enter the wrong password, then it may result in no online connection problems. Type the correct username and password
Internet Slow IPad:
Well, this is very much irritating, changing the wireless channel can help you in this regard.
There might be some signal issues.
Still, if you may see people complaining,’Why is my internet slow?’
Tell them about these troubleshooting solutions.
If you have tried above all methods, still you can’t figure out why is your internet speed so slow, then you should try moving to a new ISP.
These solutions might help you in having a good connection.
Also, try using some new technologies.
You would also like to read Here is What You Should Do For Your Internet Problems