Internet dis-connectivity problem is the worst problem for internet users. You just keep thinking what the reason is for this, why my internet is not working and so on. In this you will find different ways of how to fix your internet. We have described some of the common connectivity issues with their solution and have also provided a list of solution for them.
Internet connection problems:
No need to worry this problem is now no more impossible to solve. By doing some settings you can easily get your internet back until and unless it is stable from the service provider.
Computer not connecting to internet:
If there is any problem in internet connection on your ISP side, then you first need to contact him and solve that matter. Loosing connection in the middle of a work is a severe headache. Only those people can understand this problem better who went through it.
Almost all of us have gone through this problem once in our life. This is a very common issue. Knowledge, proper guidance and solution of this problem is mandatory for every online user to have.
Why is my internet not working?
Almost all of us had gone through the dilemma when internet connectivity suddenly stops in the middle of a work. This is the worst nightmare for every online user and not being able to find the solution for this problem is even worst.
How to fix your internet?
There may be several reasons which may be responsible for your net connection not functioning well. Some of them are discussed below with their solution:
You may check all cable connections in your house. If you live in apartment, you may need to check the net connectivity cable of that apartment.
Why is my internet router not working?
- Routers mostly work on 2.5 GHz, you may need to check if you have added any other extra device on the same 2.5 GHz band, a after which this connectivity problem arose. If you tried this but still there is connectivity problem then you may need to replace your router.
- You may need to modify the channel your router uses.
- Check whether switch of your router is plugged in perfectly and the led’s on. If they are not on, try disconnecting the power adaptor and plug it again, there may be a problem on your router’s power adaptor.
My laptop is connected but no internet access:
Sometimes it so happens that your same internet connection works on one PC but not on another PC/laptop. The solution to this problem is to restart your Pc/laptop and then try for connectivity. Restarting your device cures most of the problem; if you are still facing the issue then you may need to restore your device.
Why is my internet not working but I am connected?
Check whether you are connected to the outside world. you may do this by ping command in command prompt. Type ping followed bi IP address of the side you want to check availability from your device. If you don’t remember IP address, no need to worry about it just type ping followed by URL of the website. For example type (without quotation marks) “ping www.anysitename.com “and press enter.
Modem not working:
Sometimes it so happens, your connection may be lost when your computer could not communicate with your modem. For this problem shut down your PC (don’t restart it). Plug off power cable from your modem, plug it on again. Start your PC and then check your internet connection.
Browsers not working:
Sometimes it may happen that your net connection may work for some browsers and for some browsers it may not work, this is because there may be some add-on installed in your browser which block the connectivity. Try uninstalling that add-on which is causing problem. Clear your cache, close your browser and restart your browser and then try again.
Internet just stopped working:
If you loose your online connection while having a phone call from your landline, then there may be problem with your phone setup. As in DSL connection, telephones lines carry internet signals also. So you may need to check your telephone setup. If your net connection seems to be quite slow, run an internet speed check to verify the actual speed.
Website not working:
- It may happen that a particular website may not be working and you assume that you are having problem with your internet, then there is no such problem, the problem is with the website.
- Also make sure you didn’t not block it.
- Try reloading that website from a different browser.
- There are many online tools to check that whether a website is down only for you or for any one else also. Try them.
Troubleshooting internet connection:
Here is a list of some more methods you may do to get back your net connectivity:
- Try loading the IP address in the browser
- Try rebooting your computer
- Check your internet service provider’s settings.
- In the task manager check there may any program running that may be causing problem, try closing it and then try again.
- Uninstall you antivirus and then install it again and then scan your whole device.
- Check your wireless settings.
- Remove any network saved.
- Fix your firewall.
- Try updating drivers.
- Resetting the TCP/IP stack can also work for you.
- There may be a networking issue in your computer, try troubleshooting it
- Check time and date of your computer. Is it correct? Sometimes there may be connectivity issue because of wrong date and time settings.
- Make sure your PC is free from virus and is healthy. Internet dis-connectivity problem may also be caused by viruses.
- If you have tried all methods, still you are having connectivity issues, call your service provider. This may also be caused by increasing user load.
- You may also try unplugging the Ethernet cable from your computer and then plugging it again.
Thus no need to panic in this problem. Try different methods, you will surely get your connection back. Instead of just yelling the problem ‘why is my internet not working properly’, try to solve it with a peace of mind. If it has just stopped working in the middle of your some important work try all the methods listed above.
If you still have connectivity issue, then the only solution let is to format your computer, but before doing that save your data at so other place or keep a backup of your data so you may recover it afterwards.