What is an internet troll? Are you looking for an answer to this question?
Then you have landed at the right place.
In this article, you will find excellent knowledge about it.
You will get introduced to new ways and know how people are becoming its victim online.
You will also witness some pieces of advice to keep yourself safe from being its victim.
Some of the topics discussed in this articles are listed below:
- Definition of trolling.
- What is trolling on the internet?
- How to tackle online troll?
- Where do the online trolls happen?
- How to be safe from it?
What is an Internet Troll?
It refers to posting something online about someone for fun or to insult someone.
It can also be seen as psychological torture.
- There are no rules and regulations to it. They do their work the way they like.
- An online discussion or an online chat can also take its form.
- Sometimes it is done just by starting arguments.
- It is mostly done through social media sites or any other source on the internet.
- Now a day’s social media especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are chosen to target. This is because of a large number of users of these websites.
A picture becomes viral on whole social media, and everyone keeps enjoying the next day they forget about it, and a new issue comes out.
You would love to read How Many People Use the Internet? Internet Usage Stats
What is Trolling on the Internet?
There occurs in many ways.
Some of them are:
To Insult a Newbie:
Sometimes they are done to insult any newbie on a forum, blog or any other place on the internet.
Others are then encouraged to participate in it.
To Affect Someone’s Reputation:
Sometimes they are done just to decrease the reputation of a person/company /agency.
There is no need to gather others of this type.
The primary purpose of such type is to create anger on the opposite side.
You can understand it as a form of revenge.
They do create doubt in the mind of the public.
Such type can be seen most commonly in politics.
For example, I like MR ABC but do you think he will be able to complete his duty as senior manager/ minister.
In this way, everyone will doubt their decision to choose that person as their head.
They are called sneaky trolls.
Another type is colluding.
In this case, one group post something online and another member of the same group comments on it as an anonymous person.
This is done to create hatred between 2 communities.
Another type is griefers. Their primary concern is to create a nuisance.
They might log in to some game and change the data.
Insult other players and do cheating.
There are also strategic trolls.
In such case opposing member takes weeks even months to make up a plan to troll someone online.
He comes out with a proper plan to get succeed on his opponent
What is an Internet Troll Example?
Well telling you a real-life example of this.
I was being trolled by my friends online on a social media platform in a way that they kept correcting my grammatical mistakes in comment sections although there was no fault in my comments.
Where Do the Online Trolls Happen?
There are many ways to humiliate others online.
Some of them are:
Comments are made to embarrass people.
1) YouTube Videos:
You can find the worst comments on YouTube videos.
People enjoy making fun of YouTube videos.
Sometimes the waters of the one who has posted the video on YouTube comment to insult that guy.
This social networking site needs no introduction at all.
You all are quite aware of Facebook comments.
Facebook is the place where youth takes part actively.
In fact, most of them are done by youth. They enjoy insulting and making fun.
People also enjoy trolling on twitter comments.
They also tweet for fun and then those are shared by others to spread them.
Trolling starts with blog comments too.
For this reason, some bloggers keep comments off on their blogs.
Here people make fun of each other by posting their pictures.
Instagram is a public platform.
The Reaction of People on Internet Slang Troll:
Although they create trouble for some people but telling you the real story, social media is alive due to such trolls.
They enjoy them.
The public welcomes them.
Mostly teenagers on social media especially Facebook take them as fun
How to Tackle Such Online Trolls?
- Unfortunately, there is no device so-called anti-online troll invented.
- So to avoid such trolls, you may need to keep yourself reserve.
- They might flatter you to find or to investigate something from you, so be aware.
- You can block their IP addresses.
- Avoid commenting a lot online. Trolls can target you through comments.
There are some other security issues on the internet too that you need to be aware of.
Read more at Internet Problems Today and Current Internet Issues
What is the Best Way to Face an Internet Troll?
You may try your best, but you can’t run from such trolls.
- Just take them as fun.
- Don’t take them to heart.
- Laugh at them for a moment and forget them that is the main reason for which they are still alive.
- Don’t think about them again and again
People Self-Identified as Troll:
Some get fame and popularity online because of trolls. They do troll for fun. These guys get much fame because they make others laugh by their trolls.
- An ordinary man who is indulged in between the problems of daily life when reads/listens to such trolls gets a smile on his face.
- Giving happiness is the primary purpose of such people, i.e., they love to make others happy by their acts.
- People also enjoy them.
- Some people do troll to get the attention of people.
- Some people do troll to show how smart they are than others.
- Trolling works as therapy.
For this reason, teenagers are seen online on Facebook every hour because they enjoy such trolls.
Nature of People Who Troll Other:
Modern researchers show that guys who post inflammatory comments to troll someone are likely to have sadism. Some of them have bad languages and character, but not all.
They have the psychopath.
They troll to create trouble for others
Now you know quite well what is an internet troll.
Trolls can use your online addresses also to insult you, so be aware of them.
There can be many hidden reasons behind trolling someone that you might not know.
Just ignore such trolls, take them as fun and enjoy your life as before.
Enjoy your life.
You may also like to read: What are the Common Applications of the Internet? Learn More Here