By looking at the internet usage statistics, we can quickly tell how many people use the internet.
In this article, you will get some informative knowledge about internet world stats and will know how many people use the internet daily.
You will be amazed to know about the global internet access.
Some of the topics discussed in this article are listed below:
- Internet usage statistics
- How many people are on the internet
- Most used browser, website and search engine:
- Topmost languages on the web
How Many People Use the Internet?
Every day we open the internet, do our work and just close it.
Have you ever thought that there are how many people like you who do the same, i.e., rely on the internet for their work to be done?
Have you ever imagined how many people are on the internet?
- The numbers of internet users have increased by more than 500% since 2000.
- There are more than 3 billion internet users worldwide.
- There are almost 1 billion internet users in Asia.
Internet World Usage Statistics:
Top 20 countries in the world have more than 75% internet users of the total population.
From this, no one can deny the importance of the internet.
To be among top 20 countries or to be the well-developed country usage of latest technology is very important and for that internet is the first thing you will need to know, understand and make a part of your daily life.
Whether it be research work, shopping, traveling, informative search or banking internet is used every day.
Internet of things also plays a significant role.
Useful Article What is the Internet of Things Definition and Application?
The Topmost Language on the Internet:
- English is the first language spoken on the internet.
- Then comes Chinese and then the Spanish and Japanese.
- Russian and Portuguese are also much popular.
Internet Users Below 18:
There are significant numbers of internet users who are children.
Today’s children are brilliant because they use technology.
They are more intelligent than a 30-40-year-old guy who does not know new technologies.
Children in large number are on social media.
They have well understood the need for the internet and are using it.
Usage of the internet for studies is also their primary need.
How Many People Use the Internet Daily?
- There are almost 20,000,000 people who use the internet daily.
- More than eight new people start using the internet every other second.
- Many of the internet users who use the Internet daily are mobile phone users.
- More than 30% of internet users are on the on the internet through their mobile phones.
- People usually log in to their social media profile and email id through their smartphones daily to see new updates.
The Total Number of Web sites on the Internet:
There are almost 1 billion websites on the internet till now.
No one can say how much they would increase in number after 3-5 years, but we are sure that there will be a rapid increase in some websites.
There would be more websites and more blogs on the internet.
They provide people with information.
You would love to read How To Create a Web Page for Free? My Google Sites Web Page
Most Used Browser, Website and Search Engine:
- Google Chrome is the most used web browser, and Google is the most used website by people every day.
- On the second number comes internet explorer.
- The most popular search engine is Google.
- There are almost 3,000,000,000 Google searches daily.
- Thus Google is much loved by people.
- After Google come to YouTube, Yahoo, and Facebook. They also have a large number of users.
Social Networking Sites Users:
An average of 3 hours is spent every day on the internet by a social media user.
On top of these social networking sites stands Facebook which has almost 1000 million users.
More than 34 % of People aged between 17-34 check Facebooks even before getting out of their bed.
Then comes YouTube which has 800 million users.
Instagram and Twitter also have many users.
These all combined provide a great social media platform to people, due to which people come online every day to check updates on their profiles.
This increase the total number of internet users every day.
Social Media For Business:
Many people use social media on a daily basis because it is a part of their job.
There are many benefits of using it for business purposes.
Some of these include:
- Increases website traffic.
- Used for branding.
- It helps in generating leads.
- It boosts sales.
- Content on such platform goes viral quickly.
Also, have a look at the infographic on Facebook vs Twitter. Who is the Real Star? [Infographic]
Choice of Career:
From internet world stats you have seen that a large number of people in the world are on the internet.
Thus a choice of a career in this area would be quite safe because the internet would never go down.
Just imagine you wake up one day and see no internet.
It may seem a nightmare for you, and it would be because the internet would never shut down for long.
So your career in this field in quite safe.
Internet Marketing For Small Business:
One reason why it has so many users today is marketing.
- Product awareness is created among people through it, due to which the brand recognition gets faster thus increasing the number of sales of the product.
- Special offers are made to customers online so that they show their interest in purchasing the product.
How Many People Use the Internet in the United States?
- Of the total population, almost 88% of people in the USA are internet users.
- This makes up for 8% of total internet users all over the world, i.e., among worldwide Internet users, 8% are in the USA.
This shows that they have well understood the secret of success.
How Many People Are on the Internet?
Internet usage stats show that there are more than 3.2 billion internet users worldwide. The main reason for an increase in web connectivity is the mobile phones.
The world’s population makes up for a total of 7 billion approximately.
If more than 3.2 billion people are Internet users than almost 3.8 billion people would be left that don’t have access to the internet.
Thus these people would be from little parts of the world.
That’s why they don’t have internet access.
Nobody knows how their life would be.
On what goals they would be living.
If they get internet access, then it would not be difficult for them to make themselves count among the developed parts of the world.
Have a look at the beautiful infographic at Mind-Blowing Stats About Internet Users Worldwide [Infographic]
Thus there was a race between science and technology, and it is still going on.
Although we think about how many people use the internet, on the other hand, we almost forget that how many people have access to the internet.
Have you ever thought about what would be that the remaining population of the world is doing right now that do not have internet access?
Perhaps they would be considering knowledge of medical science as their primary objective.
They would be playing their role in a country’s progress from that part.
Thus whatever it be, science or technology both are playing and have always played a significant role in bringing a country on the path to success and prosperity.