If you are searching for some information, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, you will be introduced to some great minds behind the invention of the world wide web.
You will get to know who created the internet.
Some topics covered in this article are listed below:
- Who created and made the internet
- How was it invented
- World Wide Web
- It’s connectivity
- Search Engines
- 1 Who Created the Internet and Where was it Invented?
- 1.1 Who Made the Internet?
- 1.2 How Was the Internet Invented?
- 1.3 Who Created the Internet that We See Today?
- 1.4 Evolution of the Internet:
- 2 When Was the Internet Created?
- 3 Conclusion:
Who Created the Internet and Where was it Invented?
It is a network that connects the world.
The online world we see today is not the hard work of any one guy.
Many people created it.
Many pieces of research were made, and a lot of inventions played their role in its creation that we see today.
Applications of the Internet are countless.
Who Made the Internet?
The First computer was invented then the need arose for the internet, and now it has become an essential part of not only computers but cell phones also.
There were many reasons in front of people who invented it and those who keep introducing technologies and innovative ideas to make it much more helpful for people.
The online world is full of knowledge.
Now you don’t need to keep searching for expensive books; you can find the information you need through just one click. You can also find those books online which are not available anywhere else.
Many of them are free while some are paid.
New technologies were invented to make it more straightforward and more accessible to people.
Internet of things has done much for us. Many people put forward their contributions in it.
Some of them are listed below:
John von Neumann:
He is a great computer scientist. He gave his contribution to ED-VAC. He also played his role in artificial intelligence.
This great guy has contributed to many top fields including geometry, statistics, mathematics, and computing.
He is also known as the ‘last representative of great mathematicians’. He was a crucial figure in the game theory development and the cellular automata concepts.
He has published almost 150 papers, and most of them were in mathematics.
He played his role in communication channels. He also contributed to information theory. For this reason, he is called the “Father of information theory.”
This American mathematical engineer laid the groundwork for telecommunication and computer industry with his work in engineering and technical problems.
Shannon’s house was a few miles from MIT and was filled with many musical instruments and chess-playing machines.
He is the founding father of the age of electronic communication.
His some great achievement include information theory and symbolic logic and switching theory.
He played his role in networking. He researched communication networks
Charles M. Herzfeld:
He did his BS from America and completed his Ph.D. from the University of Chicago. He was a scientist from America. He played his role in ARPANET.
He played his role in communication networks. His design was quite helpful in the development of ARPANET.
He played his role in ARPANET. He also contributed to projects which were a source of satellite-based internet access.
Radia Joy Perlman:
She was a network engineer who played her role in network bridges. Her mother was also a computer programmer.
Also, have a look at the infographic at What Everyone Must Know About the Internet of Things [Infographic]
How Was the Internet Invented?
Many great minds played their part, and a lot of researchers were made for this purpose.
Packet Switching Networks:
- Computers came in 1950 and then in 1960 packet switching networks were developed.
- They consisted of a large number of communication protocols.
- In 1982 TCP/IP was introduced.
- In 1989 limited private connections prevailed in America. Thus it was not a bad start.
World Wide Web:
- WWW (World Wide Web) came into existence in 1980 due to the research of a great computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee.
- From 1990 it used different technologies and become a source of the rise in electronic communication through email, voice calls, online shopping platforms, forums, and blogs.
Who Created the Internet that We See Today?
Today internet has grown to its extremism, and still, researchers are going on by our fabulous computer scientists for its betterment.
It has now opened the doors to social networking.
The Fundamental Theory of Data Transmission:
The fundamental theory of data transmission was put forward in the 20th century by these three great people:
- Claude Shannon,
- Harry Nyquist
- Ralph Hartley
Earlier computers were connected to it through Ethernet cables.
They were joined by LAN (Local Area Network).
Then came WAN.
After that people started connecting their devices through WiFi. And now they use 3-G and 4-G.
They can connect to it anywhere through 3-G and 4-G.
Well, you can also convert your ethernet connection to WiFi connection quite easily.
Donald Davies ‘s Hard-Work:
Donald Davies put forward a data network in 1965 which was base on packet switching.
This idea was rejected at that time.
In 1970 he designed Mark I network and by 1976 more than ten computers and almost 75 terminal devices were connected to it.
The first two networks to use packet switching in the world were:
Who Created the Internet in Space?
It was introduced into space in 2010 when an astronaut T. J. Creamer made some updates on his Twitter account.
This was considered to be something remarkable.
First Internet Search Engine:
The first search engine was Archie search engine.
It was introduced in 1990
Some other conventional search engines introduced are:
- Yahoo, founded in 1994
- Google, launched in 1998
- AltaVista, founded in 1995
- This great man is the inventor of WWW (World wide web)
- He was also honored in 2004 by Queen Elizabeth for his outstanding work
- He was born in England. After graduation, he started working in a telecommunication company
- In 2009 he launched World Wide Web Foundation.
- He received the Order of Merit award
Evolution of the Internet:
- This term was first used in 1974 interchangeably as internetworking.
- Different network technologies played their part in improving it.
- First ISP Company was formed in 1980.
- Then different such companies were introduced to provide online access
When Was the Internet Created?
Some more information relating to its invention are described below:
- IETF which stands for Internet Engineering Taskforce which provides details about its architecture and researchers.
- E-mail which stands for electronic mail was introduced in 1965 for communication.
- In 1993 much advancement was made in WWW for indexing of data. These were made so that people might search easily for their required data.
- In 1985 FTP( File Transfer Protocol) was introduced for file sharing, Some other file sharing tools were also presented. They were also useful in sharing images, videos games, etc.
- Nokia developed the first cell phone with an online connection in 1990. Online service availability was limited at that time on cell phones.
- It was created with the aim to provide people with the latest communication modes.
- The first web page address was: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html.
- HTML known as Hypertext Markup Language was developed in 1990 by Tim Berners-Lee.
- Two great people also played an essential role in its invention.
1. Vinton Cerf
2. Robert Kahn
Thus it has passed through many phases, and still, different researchers are going on for its betterment.
The intelligent mind who created the internet has done much for us.
New technologies can take us to the road of success.
If we want our country to prosper, then we should play our role in the betterment of internet like other countries are making efforts in this case.
Thus it has been a source of ease for human beings.
You would love the infographic at Mind-Blowing Stats About Internet Users Worldwide [Infographic]