The Internet has always been of great importance for us.
The number of internet users is increasing daily because of the information and ease that it provides us.
The benefits that the internet has provided to us are countless.
The IoT is and will always remain to be of great worth for us in the future.
- 1 The Internet of Things Infographic:
- 2 Advantages of the Internet of Things:
- 3 Final Thoughts:
The Internet of Things Infographic:
The infographic below explains how IoT will affect our lives shortly.
Advantages of the Internet of Things:
There are numerous benefits of IoT.
- The amount of data collected by IoT devices shortly is entirely unpredictable.
- Wireless connections are also making the deployment of IoT solutions possible because of their flexibility.
IoT has given many smart devices that perform valuable tasks for us. They are also much easier to use.
Some of the smart devices that IoT has provided us include:
- Smart Watches
- Smart Tv
- Smart Appliances
IoT has also made possible the smart homes. In smart homes, smart lighting is used.
Benefits to Industries:
IoT is and will remain beneficial tot industries. Main industries that benefit from it are:
The task of monitoring the power meters is now much more comfortable because of IoT.
It has helped a lot in diagnosing some massive disease. Also trackers quite useful during treatment.
In the next 5-7 years, the worth of IoT in healthcare would be more than $2 trillion.
Communication and Media:
Publishing the news now does not consume many resources. It is much cheaper because of IoT.
Social media companies are also taking a keen interest in this regard. Location tracking features have already been enabled in some social media apps.
They will get benefit from it in the following ways:
- Improving Customer Experience
- Making supply change more efficient
- Introducing new services
Some other benefits that IoT has provided to us are:
- Error reductions in data analysis
- Energy conservation
- M2M communication (Machine to machine communication)
- Intelligent networking
How Many Objects Would be Connected by IoT shortly?
Well, it is quite difficult to give an exact value but is estimated that almost 200 billion objects would be connected to it in 2020.
AI along with IoT can surely order such meaningful solutions.
- Data could be collected and then analyzed quite easily.
- Self-learning and self-healing could be possible with these combinations of these two.
- Decision making for the analyzed data will also become more comfortable.
Challenges for IoT:
The primary problem that it would face are:
IoT is refining the way how people connect and perform different tasks.
It is also continuously providing solutions in this regard.
It has proved to be of higher value to individuals and society.