So you are looking for information related to chrome and want to know how to set Google Chrome as the default browser.
In this article, you will get in-depth knowledge about your desired topic and much more related to it.
- 1 What is Google Chrome?
- 2 How to Set Chrome as the Default Browser?
- 2.1 First Method:
- 2.2 Second Method:
- 2.3 How to Set Chrome as Default Browser on Android?
- 2.4 Google Chrome Web Store, Apps and Extensions:
- 2.5 Google Chrome Browser Settings:
- 2.6 How to Restart Chrome Browser?
- 2.7 Conclusion:
What is Google Chrome?
Google is a company and chrome is its product.
- It was introduced in 2008 to surf the web quickly.
- Through this, you can quickly search on the internet and do your online work.
- It is the most used browser of this time.
- It has made easy to use web-based applications.
- You can also sign in to your Google account while using it.
- It has combined address bar and search box and manages system a little bit differently from other browsers.
Google Chrome Options Menu:
This icon is the one at the top right. You can easily find it. The one with three dots in vertical.
What is a Default Browser?
It is the one that is automatically used when you open a web page or click on a link.
For example, you have saved a web page on your computer, and when you open it, then it will open in the browser that is set as default.
You should set your favorite browser by default because by doing this you won’t get irritated if you accidentally click any web page file in your computer and any slow browser opens it.
How to Set Chrome as the Default Browser?
I will discuss here two methods to do this.
- Setting it on the Chrome itself.
- Setting it from your PC windows.
This one is quite simple and straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Open Chrome
- Click on the icon with three vertical dots on the top right.
- From there click settings.
- Then scroll down a little bit, and you will see the option shown in the picture. Click on it and you are done.
NOTE: If it is already your default one then you won’t be seeing this option. You would know this one:
There is also a method set it from Your PC windows. It will work on Windows 7 and 9.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Open control panel from your start menu
- From there open default programs
- Click ‘set your default programs.’
- From programs on the left side choose the browser you want to set as default.
- Then click ‘set this program as default.’
- Then click ‘OK,’ and the settings will be applied.
Set Chrome as the Default Browser For Windows 10:
On Windows 10 this can be done from ‘settings’ then go to ‘system’ and then ‘default apps.’
From there select chrome and thus you can make it the default one.
Visit here to know more about using your preferred browser.
How to Set Chrome as Default Browser on Android?
These configurations are not much difficult for android also.
Go to settings then apps–>all–>internet then clear defaults.
When the next time you open a link you will be asked to make it default, there click on it and the changes will be applied.
This setting can also be done in another way. Follow these steps:
Follow these steps:
- From device open ‘apps.’
- There will be gear icon on the top right, tap on it to open settings
- From advanced tab open default apps
- Open Browser apps and choose the one you want to set as default.
Google Chrome Web Store, Apps and Extensions:
It is a store for its users. Here you can enjoy apps, get themes and games and much for entertainment.
You can also share your apps here.
A large number of people are using the internet now and your app might reach a great audience this way and you can earn some revenue also.
There are a large number of apps for you.
You have to add them as an extension in to run them.
Google Chrome Browser Settings:
Let us suppose you have installed some extension or some other thing on your Chrome and you are not satisfied with it, and you want to return to your old settings.
What will you do at this stage?
If you are thinking to uninstall your browser and then install it again, then you are wrong.
No doubt this can be done, but in this way, you will lose some information.
The best solution to this case is to reset your browser to its default settings.
To do this follow these steps:
- Click on the menu icon on the top right(figure with three dots in vertical)
- Click on settings
- From there click on the option saying ‘restore settings.’
To restore settings on android follow these steps:
- From the web browser app open menu key.
- Then open settings.
- From there tap to advance section, than to content settings.
- And choose reset to default.
Show Advanced Settings:
To do more settings, click on an advanced option from the menu –> settings.
There are a lot of settings there such as privacy, network, passwords, etc.
The internet security issues of the current era are rising and for that, you will have to keep the privacy settings of your browser much stronger.
Chrome Config Page:
It allows you to do some additional configuration.
You can get access to some hidden ones also. If you to search for a setting type Ctrl + F and you will see the search bar.
Type chrome://flags/ in the bar to do some configuration.
Chrome Web Browser Homepage Settings:
Open settings from the menu icon on the top right.
From the appearance, the tab does your desired settings.
The settings under this allow you to change the search engine also.
Chrome Settings Shortcut:
Many shortcuts make your work easier and faster. I will discuss some of them here.
- To open a new tab in a new window type Ctrl + n
- To move to the end of the page type end
- F5 is for reloading
- For full-screen mode use F11
- Ctrl + k for the search bar
- F10 is used for menu
- Ctrl + Shift + j is used for going into the developer tools.
How to Restart Chrome Browser?
To do this type chrome://restart in the search bar and it will restart and continue from where you left.
Thus you should not hesitate to set Chrome as default browser.
It’s the most speedy and improves the search quality.
This browser has achieved remarkable progress in the market in a short span of time and is still the most desired one by many internet users.
Google Chrome web store, apps and extensions have always been user-friendly and loved by users.
So don’t waste time, download it and enjoy while being on the internet.
You can know more about What are browsers?