So you are looking for an answer to a question in your mind what browser am I using?
Well, you have arrived at the best place.
In this article, you will get information related to your desired topic.
- 1 How Do I know What Web Browser Am I Using?
- 1.1 Get My Browser Information:
- 1.2 Is Google a Browser?
- 1.3 What Browser Am I Using on Android?
- 1.4 Different Web Browsers:
- 1.5 Is My Browser Up to Date?
- 1.6 Why Update Browser?
- 1.7 How to Update My Internet Browser?
- 1.8 What are Browser Extensions?
- 1.9 Conclusion:
How Do I know What Web Browser Am I Using?
It is essential to know which one you are using. There are several websites where you can get info about it.
- However, you can easily check processes from task manager.
- The task manager of your device will show all tasks processing at a particular time.
- In these processes, you will get to know the name of your browser also.
You can also find out the browser information with the help of the ‘About BrowserName’ option in your browser. It is mostly found in Tools Or the Help menu.
Get My Browser Information:
Run that code, and you will get to know your required info.
From that information, you will get to know the details of which you will be able to decide whether to update it or not.
Is Google a Browser?
Are you confused by this question?
Let me remove your confusion on this matter.
Google is not a browser, it is a company that provides different products, and Google Chrome is the web browser of Google.
Google.com – The Search Engine:
Google.com is a search engine.
- It allows you to search for your queries and indexes web pages and uses different algorithms to provide you with the best search results.
Google Chrome’s Features:
It was introduced in 2008.
Its some main features include:
- Google search box
- Image search
- Voice search
- Google apps page
- Incognito mode
What Browser Am I Using on Android?
Not only on your PC or laptop, but you must also know which version you are using on your Android phone.
- To get details about your phone check into the settings section.
- To find the browser details go to menu then into the manage app settings.
- Select ‘all’ then select ‘browser,’ and you will get the details you intend to have.
Updating it is also recommended.
By upgrading to the latest one on your Android phone, you will be able to enjoy the most recent mobile features also.
What Browser Should I Use?
What qualities do you want to see in it?
Is it speed, customization or something else?
Almost all browsers have impressive features and are striving their best to provide you with your desired output in the fastest possible way.
Well, many of them provide useful features.
The thing to consider here is that whether you are using the latest version or not as it is recommended to update it to the latest version to avoid any security issues.
Many popular ones provide auto update feature too.
Using an outdated one increases the risk of getting the malware and viruses.
Different Web Browsers:
Some of the well known are:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
So You Want to Choose any One Among These?
The one which is a step ahead of these is GOOGLE CHROME. It is the fastest and most used browser all over the world.
Its users are increasing day by day. It is the most rapid and reliable of all.
So you should not hesitate while choosing it for all.
Is My Browser Up to Date?
The method to check this varies from a one to other.
I will explain to you some general settings here to know whether it is up to date or not.
Open it then with the help option, click on your web browser’s name, for example for Google Chrome it would be written about Google Chrome.
You will be redirected to a page where you will get your desired information.
What Internet Explorer Browser Version I am Using?
- Open internet explorer.
- Then click the gear icon.
- From there click about internet explorer and thus you will get the information about the version of Internet Explorer you ‘re using.
Why Update Browser?
Are you among the people who think that if it is working correctly, then there is no need to update it to the latest version because it is showing websites correctly and you are satisfied with it.
Let me tell you about the importance of updating it.
- If you are not updating it, then you may be missing the new tricks and functionalities that are not supported by your version and are only in the latest version.
- So update it and enjoy them.
- It may also happen that the version you are using may not be much secure and avoiding being a victim of internet problems of today you need to increase the security. For that, it is essential to update it.
- Another reason to upgrade it is that there may be some extensions that work only in the latest version to update it to use them.
How to Update My Internet Browser?
The method is different in each of them. Some of the settings tell about the availability of updates automatically while some don’t.
You should know how to update them no matter whether it asks you or not.
I will discuss the methods to do this on the most popular used ones.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
How to Update Google Chrome?
To update it, follow these steps.
- Open Google Chrome.
- From the top right click the sign with three dots in vertical.
- Click update Google Chrome.
- If you don’t see this option no need to worry, it means that you are running the latest version.
- Click relaunch.
- Then restart it so that this update may be applied.
How to Upgrade Edge Browser?
Edge browser is the default one in Windows 10.
So it is automatically upgraded to the latest version when you update windows 10 on your system.
In this way, with each window 10 update, you will have a stable version of edge browser.
Actually, this browser is a part of OS, and therefore it cant be updated alone.
Windows 10 checks for updates and then it upgrades to the latest version.
To update it manually follow the steps below.
- From the start button, open settings.
- Then goto the option ‘update & security’.
- From windows update click on the button saying ‘check for updates’.
- Thus your windows and the edge browser will be upgraded to the latest version.
How to Update Internet Explorer?
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon at the top right.
- Then click on the internet explorer.
- Check the box saying install new version automatically.
- Then close it.
- In this way Internet Explorer will itself update to the latest version.
How Do I Update Mozilla Firefox?
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Then click the menu button.
- Click for help.
- From there select about Firefox.
- The window will open, and it will start downloading the latest version automatically.
- Then restart it so that the updates may be applied.
What are Browser Extensions?
These are plug-ins that extend the functionality and working.
- They do not affect the content but can change the user interface.
- Browsers have online stores from where you can get these.
- They are quite helpful when working online.
- They use some technologies.
- They can help in protecting your online presence.
- Cross-browser extensions have also been developed.
By now I am pretty sure that you might have got an answer to your questions, What is a browser on the computer and how to know what browser am I using?
You should know what your browser is, detect its version and update it to the latest version.
They are quite remarkable as they made your way to communicate through the internet and retrieve your desired information.
They are the ones that display the websites in the way a web developer designs it.
Thus no one can deny their importance.