Are you in search of some sound knowledge about broadband and want to know what is a broadband Internet connection, its working and much more.
By and large, you will be very much glad to know mate you are in the right place now.
In this article, you will get all you want and need to know.
- 1 What is Broadband Internet Connection?
- 1.1 Broadband Internet Definition
- 1.2 Types of Broadband Internet Connection:
- 1.3 1) Fiber Broadband:
- 1.4 2) DSL:
- 1.5 3) ADSL:
- 1.6 4) Cable Modem:
- 1.7 5) Wireless:
- 1.8 6) Satellite Broadband:
- 1.9 How Does Broadband Work?
- 1.10 ADSL:
- 1.11 Mobile Broadband:
- 1.12 Wireless:
- 1.13 Fiber Optics:
- 1.14 Cable:
- 1.15 Broadband vs. WiFi vs. Dongle:
- 1.16 Advantages of Broadband Internet Connection:
- 1.17 Future of Broadband:
- 1.18 Conclusion:
What is Broadband Internet Connection?
It is a high speed internet connection that provides much ease to the user.
Surprisingly, it uses new technologies.
Moreover, it is accessible all the time.
You can download and upload things online at breakneck speed by using this service.
Given these points, it is now mostly used by online users because of the ease and good speed it offers its users.
Broadband Internet Definition
With broadband, the thing which comes to our is ‘broad’ ‘band, what, ’ i.e., wide bands are available for sending and receiving information, that’s why it is much faster.
Likewise, a single wire holds the responsibility of carrying the whole data.
Well, its speed is quite high as compared to others of the sort.
This is the main reason it is much loved by people.
Types of Broadband Internet Connection:
The kind of technologies it uses are:
- Cable modem
1) Fiber Broadband:
- It uses fiber optic cables and offers much faster speed for downloading than others of this type.
- Also, it is safe from interference.
Its certain kinds are commonly in use.
- Its full form is ‘fiber to the cabinet.’
- Furthermore, the download speed offered by it is about 70 Mbps-75 Mbps
- Its full form is ‘fiber to the premises.’
- No doubt, it provides an impressive download speed of up to 330 Mbps.
- It is best for devices that are not near, i.e., are at some distance from each other.
Its full form is fiber to the node.
- Its full form is digital subscriber line.
- It transmits data on telephone lines.
- The speed is dependent upon the distance of your phone company from your house or organization.
- Its full form is asymmetric digital subscriber line.
- It is better for transmitting data downstream and provides good speed in that area.
4) Cable Modem:
- It uses coaxial cable to send data.
- You are allowed to enjoy your cable TV while using this service
- It provides services in remote areas also.
- Mobile customers also use this service.
- The speed is much good.
Recommended Read 5G network: Do You Really Need It? [Infographic]
6) Satellite Broadband:
It is a form of wireless broadband.
As we know that satellite orbiting around earth provides different services.
In the same way, it provides internet services also.
Dish network WiFi provides internet access in rural areas too.
The speed is a little bit slower than the cable and DSL.
How Does Broadband Work?
The user using the broadband internet accesses the internet by dial-up and a piece of hardware known as a modem.
The role of modem here is to covert the computer signals, so they move through the telephone line.
Its need arose with the increasing number of internet user.
As the online users increased, the dial-up connections were unable to fulfill their needs.
This connection allows transmitting a higher amount of data quite quickly.
- At the first place, it uses telephone lines.
- Secondly, it is connected to your house by wiring.
- A micro-filter is used to separate phone lines from internet lines.
- In this way, you can enjoy both the services at the same time without any resistance.
It uses the latest technologies for exchanging information. These are 3G and 4G.
In the case of wireless one the data is received by router first then the signal is picked by a wireless card in your PC.
Also, Visit Modem vs Router
- In this case, a light pulse is transmitted.
- As we know that the speed of light is the fastest one, thus this connection offers a high speed.
The data is transmitted through the same wires that give television signals.
Broadband vs. WiFi vs. Dongle:
Each one of them has its benefits.
- The first one is best for desktop users or home users.
- On the positive side, the cost, as well as downtime, is quite small.
- WiFi is best for Mobile devices and other wireless devices. Nowadays WiFi is the most common one because of the use of WiFi hotspot devices, new smartphones, and other portable devices.
- Most compelling evidence, the dongle comes with uses when neither one of the above-discussed services are available. It is mostly used by travelers as they have to face connectivity problems.
That is to say, the services offered by these three also depend upon your geographical location.
Thus I would suggest to you to choose the one that is according to your needs, don’t go beyond it neither ahead of it.
Because having anything extra that is of no use would be entirely useless.
Advantages of Broadband Internet Connection:
- High speed is its main advantage.
- You can use both telephone and internet at the same time.
- The new email on the server update automatically, you don’t need to check for new emails manually.
- Many users can work at the same time and enjoy good speed.
- The downloading speed is much fast. You can download a more significant amount of data quite quickly and in less time.
- The service is available 24 hours.
- Excellent for portable devices also.
- You have unlimited access.
- The bill you get is not dependent upon the duration of Internet usage.
- Firstly, as it’s speed is high. Therefore the cost is a little bit high also.
- Secondly, there is some security risk. However, work is being done on improving such security threats and avoiding the severe current internet issues.
- Also, the server speed may slow down the connection.
- It is not accessible for everyone.
- There are some maintenance issues with this connection. Any cable breakage is dependent upon your ISP, and you won’t be able to use the service until it is repaired by your ISP.
Future of Broadband:
To sum up, its usage has changed the way how people used to be online in olden times.
South Korea has the fastest connection of this sort in the whole world.
By its modern usage, we can predict how much it will prevail in the upcoming future.
Likewise, it is estimated that the use of this technology in the coming years more than 40% of people in this world will be among online users.
Thus the traffic will increase at a tremendous rate.
Also, new technologies will be used to make it more secure and much more flexible for its users.
All in all, this connection has made the life of online users much more comfortable.
This was the main reason for which it was introduced, and it has acted upon the expectations created by it quite successfully.
By now I am pretty much sure you have got some good knowledge about what is a broadband internet connection, it’s type and working by reading this article.
If you have any queries, do leave your questions in the comment section below.