So you are here looking for an answer to the question what is WIFI calling and much more related to its setting.
No doubt you have just arrived at the best place.
In this article, you will get some impressive knowledge related to the topics discussed above.
- 1 What is WIFI Calling?
- 1.1 What Does it Mean?
- 1.2 What is GAN?
- 1.3 What Does WIFI Calling Do?
- 1.4 Benefits:
- 1.5 Disadvantage:
- 1.6 How to Setup WIFI Calling?
- 1.7 What is WIFI Calling App Android?
- 2 Conclusion:
What is WIFI Calling?
It means sending messages or calling someone on the internet.
The concept has already been introduced by some popular free internet apps like Skype, Facebook Messenger, and whats app.
Both the concepts are a little bit different.
What Does it Mean?
It is related to a technology known as IP multimedia subset.
- You can quickly make calls online with this built-in service.
- It means you can make frequent calls to the internet without any charge.
- You don’t need to install any app. You don’t need to connect again and again.
- Once you are in connection with your wireless internet, you are ready to go.
- Major US carriers provide this service. The price may vary from each other depending upon the service.
- Some of them allow making the overseas call for free while some charge a little amount of money.
What is GAN?
GAN stands for Generic Access Network.
- It extends data over IP networks.
- It allows cell phone data to be forwarded over the internet.
- A device known as GAN receiver receives the data.
The most famous generation system is WiFi calling.
Recommended Read What are the Common Applications of the Internet?
What Does WIFI Calling Do?
In this process, your voice packets are gone from the internet through a tunnel and then bounces to the cellular company network that you want to connect.
To enjoy this service you are in need of a device and a system that is compatible with it.
How is it Different From Other Apps?
You might be thinking since we have some excellent apps like Facebook, whats app, etc. then what the need for this service is?
You are not the one with this question; many people think the same.
The answer is that when you are communicating with the apps, all activities remain within the app.
Although they use your phone number, they use it only for identification or verification.
There is nothing more to do with that.
- It is quite beneficial in a situation when you can’t connect to cellular networks.
- Overseas travelers can take maximum advantage of these services.
- It is a blessing in a place where your phone doesn’t work, or you can’t communicate with it.
- You can also send and receive messages to make communication much more comfortable.
It is not available to all. It is available in some specific countries.
So everyone can’t take benefit from it.
How to Use it?
You can enjoy this excellent service.
It is not automatically enabled.
You will have to do some settings to communicate with this unique service.
How to Setup WIFI Calling?
The process to do this is not so much complicated.
Sometimes your phone has an instruction guide with it, or such settings, if not you can also get it from your carrier’s site.
You need to turn the WIFI calling settings ON from the settings of your smartphone
What is iPhone Calling Over WIFI?
- To do this on iPhone go to the settings then general then to software updates
- If you have installed latest version iOS, then it’s okay if not then no need to worry, download it and then install.
- You will be asked to add code before entering into the installation process.
- Then from settings turn on call settings as discussed earlier.
- Then you will see the option of making calls.
NOTE: Make sure that the wireless internet connection is on in this whole process
Once the settings are enabled you need nothing to do more, enjoy and communicate.
Does WIFI Call Use Minutes?
It does not use minutes, but we can’t be pretty sure about it because some carriers may count it. In this process, you are using the data to communicate.
For international calls online you will be billed some amount depending on the package/service you are using.
Is WIFI Calling Better?
The answer to this question is no doubt ‘yes.’
It is much better than other means of communications. It is, in fact, the best way to communicate when you are in a place with weak radio signals.
You might be thinking, Will the calls break when you are out of range?
The answer to this is yes and no both. This affirmative answer is because in some services it breaks and on some, it doesn’t.
What is WIFI Calling App Android?
If you are searching for some apps for such purpose then doesn’t worry here you go:
- Talk atone
- Groove IP
Technology and Communication:
Let us discuss some other means of communication that the technology has made possible for us and made our life more comfortable.
The concept is not a new one and has been in use for an ancient time.
This is the best way considered for sending private data and information.
It is the right way of communication.
2) Social networking:
This is the most shared and popular one.
Out of 10, almost nine people have an account on social media websites.
They remain updated there every week, every day and if I might not wrong say every hour.
Social media is the most powerful way of communication.
This is the reason social media marketing is considered to be the best way to promote something.
Many apps have made communication much more comfortable.
Some of them have been discussed earlier in this article.
Many of them are free. So you can communicate without any cost.
Apps of such category are listed below:
I am pretty much sure by now that you have got the answer related to your question what is WIFI calling, it’s settings and how does it work.
There are many fun things to do online. You can quickly make calls and enjoy communication even when you can’t communicate through cellular networks.
Free call app has also made life easier and more straightforward.
If you have any more queries related to this topic, you can ask in comments.