There are many cool things to do online but watching videos has its own charm.
So you love to stream online videos on your smartphone but don’t know how much they cost you?
You are in search of an answer to one of the questions that many people used to ask, i.e., how much data does streaming music use?
Well, you will get this article quite informative about this topic and some other topics also that are related to it.
- 1 How Much Data Does Streaming Use?
- 1.1 Does Streaming Music Use Data?
- 1.2 How Much Data Does Streaming Music Use?
- 1.3 How Much Data Do the Streaming Music Video and Live Streaming Use?
- 1.4 What is an Internet Data Usage Calculator?
- 1.5 Low Data Music Streaming:
- 1.6 How Much Data Does Spotify, Pandora, and Youtube Use?
- 1.7 What Radio App Uses the Least Data?
- 1.8 Does Free Music Download Use Data?
- 1.9 What Does Cache Music Mean?
- 1.10 1-GB is How Much?
- 1.11 Conclusion:
How Much Data Does Streaming Use?
Well, it depends on what you are doing.
For example, for listening to music, the consumption will be different.
Similarly, for live streaming and for playing games online, it would be unique.
For example, if you stream a Netflix video in standard definition, then almost 1 GB data will be consumed.
Also, read What is Cellular Data and How to Save it?
Does Streaming Music Use Data?
So you are enjoying music online without WiFi but have no idea whether they are using your mobile data or not and how much does it cost you.
Well, the answer is Yes.
It uses without no doubt.
All the work you do online without WiFi on your Smartphone uses it. How much it applies varies from the size of one song to another.
How Much Data Does Streaming Music Use?
Now it’s time for you to see how much does streaming music online without WiFi costs you.
You may be surprised to know that it has a big part in utilizing much of it.
How much it uses depends on many factors like speed, quality settings of music and size.
The services used by you also affects it.
Mostly it uses up to 5 Mb.
Most of the applications of this category use up to 120 Mb per hour.
The data will be employed in both cases, for downloading as well as in streaming music online.
How Much Data Do the Streaming Music Video and Live Streaming Use?
Watching videos on mobile is quite common now.
It a source of great entertainment, but you should know how much it affects your service plan.
This consumes much of it.
It uses more than any other service of this sort.
- Similarly watching TV and movies also consume much of it.
- Even watching a 5-minute video online consumes more than 5 Mb.
- It also depends upon band-with, bit rate and the duration of which you watched it.
- A video in which the scenes are changing rapidly after a short period will consume a little more of it.
- Watching movies in HD could destroy data in GB’s.
- If you want to consume less of it while watching videos online than you must adjust the quality settings of the video, low-quality videos will inevitably consume less.
- According to the default settings, more than 500 MB are consumed in going live.
- The content quality also matters in this regard.
What is an Internet Data Usage Calculator?
This helps you keep in view the consumption of your online activities. You can find many of these online. They are free.
This also helps you maintain a record of how much of it you need and utilize. You can choose a daily or monthly package to calculate depending on your work online.
Low Data Music Streaming:
Many music apps serve you best in this regard. Some of them are:
- Google play music
Recommended read Get Free Internet Apps and VPN
How Much Data Does Spotify, Pandora, and Youtube Use?
Data used on all these platforms mainly depends on the quality you intend to stream.
Spotify Data Usage:
- The normal quality utilizes 96 Kb. It allows you to stream 40MBph.
- The high quality utilizes 160 Kilobits. It allows you to stream almost 70MBph.
- The extreme quality utilizes 302 kilobits. It allows you to stream 150MB per hour
- The automatic quality option provides you streaming depending on your internet connection.
Spotify also keeps the songs that you listened previously in a cache. In this way, the data usage is reduced too.
You can also control Spotify data usage from settings.
- Goto the settings from the Spotify app on your phone.
- Scroll and find the music quality settings.
- From there you can adjust the streaming setting by changing the quality options.
Pandora Data Usage:
If you are listening to standard settings, the almost 1GB per month data plan is required if you intend to listen 1 hour daily.
You can also save this data by listening in offline mode.
This feature is however not available in free Pandora.
Youtube Data Usage:
The lowest quality 0f 240p consumes almost 1.6MB per minute.
While 12.4MB per minute is consumed by watching videos at the highest quality.
How Much Data Does Streaming Radio Music Use per Hour?
The number of people who are used to listening to internet radio is increasing from time to time.
People love listening to live broadcast and live stream of their favorite heroes and other things of the sort.
With the growth in quality the bandwidth increases which in turn affects your pocket.
People are fond of listening to it when away from home or traveling.
On average more than 100 Mb are consumed per hour.
There are many apps for this purpose that help to utilize less of it with high-quality streaming.
You can also subscribe to other real plans to overcome the charges.
Some apps even allow you to choose the bit rate yourself.
By selecting a lower bit rate, you will consume less data, thus fewer charges.
To get its right measurement don’t forget to reset your cellular usage statistics.
What Radio App Uses the Least Data?
Many of the sorts help you to utilize the least of it.
Some most common ones are listed below:
You will be glad to know all of these are entirely free.
These apps make it incredibly easy for you to find radio stations. They have an excellent rating also.
Does Free Music Download Use Data?
This is one of the common questions I have seen people seeking.
Well, the answer is yes and no.
OK let me tell you how’s that.
I said yes because during download using the cellular network it uses but listening to it after downloading won’t consume any of it.
After downloading you can enjoy looking it offline.
While in the case of notifications, it may use.
What Does Cache Music Mean?
Cache stores data, here it refers to saving the music you have listened to.
In this way, you would be able to hear it again offline, without the consumption.
1-GB is How Much?
Some traditional monthly plans provided by mobile companies are 1-GB and 5-GB Plans.
They can be low or high also according to your needs and your work online.
With a 1 GB plan, you can do the following thing quickly.
- Surf on average of more than 400 pages online.
- Do video chat of more than 3 hours on Skype.
- Send 34,000+ messages on whats-app quite quickly.
- Spend 50 hours on Facebook without any interruption.
- You can watch almost 60 YouTube 5 minute non-HD videos quite easily.
- Send 34000 emails (without attachment).
Thus from above-written activities that a 1-GB plan allows you, we can easily say that this scheme is suitable for your basic needs online.
Thus you have known how much data does streaming music use and about internet usage calculators.
You can also enjoy all amazing activities on WiFi connection (if available), and that would be cheap enough then this one. If still, you have got any more questions you can comment them below.