Do you want to know how to buy a domain name, its registration process and some interesting information about choosing the best one?
Then this article is a complete solution for you in this regard.
It explains all that you need to know.
- How to Buy a Domain Name Online?
- Web Names Search
- How to Register a Domain Name?
- What Was the First Registered Domain Name?
- How to Buy And Create an Email id With a Domain Name?
- What Does Private Domain Registration Mean?
- How to Secure a Domain Name?
- Buying a Website
- Domain Name Facts
- Final Words
How to Buy a Domain Name Online?
The domain is a label formed by the rules and regulations of DNS. It works in identifying a network. Thus it refers to a network address.
This is the address of your website that the users type in the browser to access your site.
To buy it, you must register it first online, keeping some essential things in mind.
Web Names Search
Before buying it, you will first need to check whether it is available or not.
You can check this from many web name search available online.
If it is unavailable, then you can use the same words with another top level one.
For example, if abc.com is unavailable then no need to be disheartened.
You can buy it in abc.edu or any other of the sort if it is available
How to Register a Domain Name?
After searching for your desired keyword for the site name you will need to register it.
The name shall be recorded with ICANN by a registrar.
Thus you will have to pay to get it, and then you can have it for a limited time after that you will have to renew it to keep using it.
When you buy web hosting, then some registrars give you a free domain along with the hosting while some charge for it.
Free web hosting services are also available online.
What Does a Domain Registrar Do?
It is an organization whose duty is to sell the domains to the public.
It works on its availability also.
How to Buy an Existing Website Domain Name?
It refers to the one that is already taken.
If you are willing to buy it, then you will have to buy it from its owner.
There are many sites online that provide you with this facility.
What Was the First Registered Domain Name?
- Symbolics.com was the first ever one registered.
- It was recorded in 1985.
- The second one was bbn.com.
- It was registered in April 1985 while symbolics.com was filed in March 1985.
How to Buy And Create an Email id With a Domain Name?
You can get it from your hosting account.
For example, if you buy a hosting and in that hosting, you have xyz.com then to get an email id of the name [email protected] you will have to log in to the hosting settings and get that email from there.
- Having an email id of the site name gives a good and professional touch to any business.
- It would create a significant impact on people when you have an email id associated with a site name with them for any business purpose rather than using your email account.
What is Email Forwarding?
It sometimes happens that people don’t want to get an email from the domain of their site because they think they already have their email account and don’t want to check emails on another account.
For this purpose, you can use the feature of email forwarding.
With this excellent service, the mail that comes to your email account with your site name will be forwarded to your email account. Furthermore, there is no need to inform the sender in this regard.
What Does Private Domain Registration Mean?
- When you register any domain online, the information can be accessed by any ‘who is’ site, but if you registered it privately then you will have to pay a little more than the actual price of the domain and your information will be hidden from others.
- No one would be able to know who is the real owner of the site.
- In this way, you can stay protected with your domain. Your contact information would be quite secure.
- You will stay away from spammers also by doing this.
Also Checkout Email Spam Bot Protection: How to Prevent It?
How to Secure a Domain Name?
One way of doing this has been discussed earlier, i.e., looking forward to private registration.
Some other methods for doing so are:
- Lock it. In this scenario, anyone other than you won’t be able to unlock your details.
- Register it with a trusted and a secured source.
- Renew it before its expiration date comes. Otherwise, you would most probably lose it.
- Remember the contact information you gave while Registering it.
- Because if you’re wasting that information that it would be very much difficult for you to claim that domain and prove that it belongs to you.
Buying a Website
Purchasing a site is one of the most important financial decisions in this regard.
You must think carefully and choose your way wisely in doing so.
For more guidance, approach people from the same field as having an interest in this area.
- Buying a website is quite helpful in many ways, if you purchase a site that is old and already has a lot of traffic, then your work would be quite more comfortable.
- You can buy sites from any trusted online buying selling area, or you can contact any website owner privately that you wish to purchase and have a discussion with them about it.
- Before buying keep in mind the niche of the site that you want to work on and check whether the site you intend to buy would be profitable to you in generating revenue.
- So you should do some research before buying it.
The market for selling and buying websites is growing quite rapidly.
Domain Name Facts
Some interesting facts about them are:
- The most expensive one of the time was sold out for about $35 million.
- You won’t believe it, but it is entirely correct that its registration was free till 1995.
- Domains like a.com, aa.com are registered. These ‘a’ range from 1-63.
- The domains having three characters are all registered already.
- This is because they are quite easy to remember and while choosing it you should select the one that is memorable, sounds good and is easy to spell
Thus this article explains in-depth how to buy a domain name.
Don’t take this decision easy because it gives an identity to your website and is one of the most critical factors in making a site attractive.
Registering and purchasing a domain is a complete process that should be done very carefully.
You must also have a look at the article: knowledge about the server