Let me guess the purpose of your visit here! If I am not wrong you are here for having some knowledge of domain buying and Google web hosting free services for small business. You will be glad to know you have arrived at the best place. In this article you will get to know all you want. Some of the topics covered in this article are:
- Hosting for small business
- Google drive and cloud
- Google app engine
- Which hosting to choose
what is web hosting?
It is the service using which you put your website online. Anyone wishing to visit your website just types the address of your website in the search bar and he is redirected there. Hosting are provided by Hosting providers and hosted on servers. You will also have to register a domain name for your website when buying or using any hosting.
How to host a website for free?
There are many ways to do so. I will not discuss them in detail here. I will just give a short into of them. Some of them will be discussed in detail ahead in the article.
- There are many free providers. You can try them but be aware they are not much reliable.
- Other way is to host on Google drive
- You can use blogger hosting or Google.
- You can also host on your own computer through ISP service. For this you will have to configure some settings in TCP/IP settings.
- You can use xampp. Website built on php is mostly built using xampp.
- You can sue free website builders.
Top 8 free web hosting providers:
Although you can use their services but be aware some of them are not reliable and the server may go down. Some of the free ones are:
- Award Space
- 5Gb free
- Brave net
Which one is the best web hosting?
This totally depends on your needs. The one which fulfils your need is the best one for you and that may vary from person to person depending upon his/her own needs. Paid ones are most likely to be better. No doubt Google web hosting services are also good.
Get Google web hosting for small business:
So you want to build a website without spending a penny. You can use make it using blogger also. The other way to do is by using the one offered by google. Following steps are involved in this process:
First you will have to Sign in to Google sites using your Gmail
- Then click create site.
- Choose a template and you are ready to go
- Type in the name you wished to be of your site
- Then type a URL for it
Remember: You cannot connect your site to any other’s Gmail account.
- Choose theme that suites best for your site and then go to create.
- Google also gives you flexibility to copy your this site to any other URL you desire.
Google domain hosting:
You can also choose a domain name. These are paid. You can choose for a year or more duration of time and will have to renew it after a specific time before it gets expired.
Personal web hosting:
Some of the popular ones are:
- Blue host
- Dream host
What is Google app engine?
It is used for hosting web applications in the data centre. Then the servers run the applications. It is free to some extent. After that it charges some fees. The programming languages available are :
Many more are available but I have enlisted only a few of them here. The thing that makes it stand at top from others is that it allows writing scale-able apps.
How to get Google drive web hosting?
You will be glad to know that it is totally free and the method to do is quite simple. Just follow these steps:
- Login to your Google drive account and create a folder.
- Name it to the website you want to upload.
- Then click the share icon to share the folder.
- Sharing settings will appear.
- You will get a link. (Note: if the link is too big you can shorten the URL also)
- Change the settings to public.
- Open the folder you create earlier.
- Upload your website and share it.
- Then you will get a new web address. Open the older of your website. On the upper address bar there would be a link after #folder copy all the link.
- In the next tab type n the link shown below and at the end paste/append the link you just copied and every one can access the website through this link.
You can edit this website very easily.
Yahoo web hosting:
Yahoo also offers such services. These are the paid ones. You will be charged some amount of money.
How to choose a web hosting?
Let me tell you the most important thing now. You should keep in mind these things when choosing any such service.
- Keep in mind your website needs.
- Don’t go for the one that is advertising mostly or the one that is very popular just because of its fame.
- Don’t just run for the cheapest. Check what services differ between the cheap ones and the highly paid ones and then select the one you need.
- Almost all such service providers don’t have specialisation in all areas. See in which area does it proves to be specialised and then see your needs.
- Check the limitations.
- See whether it provides guarantee of customers support. Because when at some stage you get stuck in a problem you may have to communicate with their customer support service for help.
- Do check the customer review and see how people rated that hosting.
- See the reputations.
- Check the availability of Control panel and FTP accounts.
- Some allow a specific amount of visitors per month on the website. Do check that and compare it according to your needs.
- Keep in mind how much your website may grow in future and choose according to that. Don’t just make decision seeing the present state of website.
- Some hosting providers’ provide coupon code and cheap hosting on some occasions. Do avail the facility of the hosing that fits according to your needs.
By now you may have good knowledge of free Google web hosting services, sites and top ones. You may have now which one to choose. If you follow the above guidelines, you will have no difficulty in choosing a good service and your website will be on a good place.