Let me guess the purpose of your visit here!
If I am not wrong, you are here for having some knowledge of domain buying and Google web hosting free services for small business.
You will be glad to know you have arrived at the best place.
In this article, you will get to know all you want.
- 1 What is Web Hosting?
- 1.1 Where is this Site Hosted?
- 1.2 Types of Web Hosting:
- 1.3 How to Host a Website For Free?
- 1.4 How to Choose a Web Hosting?
- 1.5 Top 12 Free Web Hosting Providers:
- 2 Get Google Web Hosting For Small Business:
- 2.1 How to Get Google Drive Web Hosting?
- 2.2 How to Buy a Domain Name From Google?
- 2.3 Premium Web Hosting:
- 2.4 What is Google App Engine?
- 2.5 Yahoo Web Hosting:
- 2.6 How to Host Website From Your Computer?
- 3 Conclusion:
What is Web Hosting?
It is the service using which you put your website online.
Anyone wishing to visit your website types the address of your site in the search bar, and he is redirected there.
You will also have to register a domain name for your website when buying or using any hosting.
Where is this Site Hosted?
Hosting are provided by Hosting providers and hosted on servers.
- A web host provides the services that are needed to put a web page on the internet.
- You can check the nameservers of any site by the WHOIS sites.
- Nameservers are the best way to find out where any domain is hosted.
Types of Web Hosting:
a) Small Hosting Services:
- For building personal web pages, a single page hosting is enough.
- Such hosting is mostly free or inexpensive.
- It includes limited services.
b) Large Hosting Services:
These are used by large companies that intend to connect to the web.
- A computer may also be used as a web host to provide different services or information to online users.
- A complex site consists of a comprehensive package that includes database support and different application development platforms like PHP, ASP.NEt, etc.
- Sites also use SSL to secure the data.
Here many different websites are placed on the same server.
All domains share the same server resources like CPU and RAM,
d) Reseller Web Hosting:
In such hosting, clients can become the host themselves.
e) Virtual Dedicated Server:
They are also referred to as the VPS.
- VPS means Virtual Private Server.
- It is an IaaS cloud service that allows the user to have an isolated server online.
- In this way, it is managed by a cloud service provider.
f) Dedicated Web Hosting:
This gives a user his web servers, and in this way, the user can have full control over that server too.
Its one type include self-managed.
g) Managed Hosting Service:
Here although the user gets his server still doesn’t have full control of it.
This is due to QoS(Quality of Service).
h) Cloud Hosting:
It is more reliable than others.
Local power disruption does not affect it badly.
i) Clustered Hosting:
Multiple servers host the same content. This is for better resource utilization.
How to Host a Website For Free?
There are many ways to do so.
I will not discuss them in detail here and will give a short introduction to them.
There are two main ways by which you can host your site for free.
- Use a server software.
- Use a third party hosting provider.
Following are the ways to do the things mentioned above:
- There are many free providers. You can try them but be aware they are not much reliable.
- Another way is to host on Google Drive
- You can use blogger hosting or Google.
- You can also host on your computer through ISP service.
- For this, you will have to configure some settings in TCP/IP settings.
- You can use Xampp. Website built on PHP is mostly made using Xampp.
- You can use free website builders.
How to Host a Website on GitHub?
You can host the front end project code on GitHub using the GitHub pages.
- It is perfect for static sites.
- This is free.
- You can make unlimited sites this way.
- Also, your site is set up on a CDN which results in a fast speed and also provides DDoS attacks protection.
It works well with an index.html file at the project root and some CSS/JS and image sources.
GitHub Pages Custom Domain:
On hosting a site on Github pages, you will also have the opportunity to get a Github pages subdomain (mysite.github.io).
- It is hosted on https.
- Using this domain is not mandatory. Github allows you to use your custom domain too.
- There are no issues with the bandwidth limit too.
How to Choose a Web Hosting?
Let me tell you the most important thing now.
You should keep in mind these things when choosing any such service.
- Keep in mind your website needs.
- Don’t go for the one that is advertising mostly or the one that is very popular just because of its fame.
- Don’t just run for the cheapest.
- Check what services differ between the cheap ones and the highly paid ones and then select the one you need.
- Almost all such service providers don’t have specialization in all areas.
- See which area does it proves to be specialized and then understand your needs.
- Check the limitations.
- See whether it provides the guarantee of customers support.
- Because when at some stage you get stuck in a problem you may have to communicate with their customer support service for help.
- Do check the customer review and see how people rated that hosting.
- See the reputations.
- Check the availability of Control panel and FTP accounts.
- Some allow a specific amount of visitors per month on the website. Do check that and compare it according to your needs.
- Keep in mind how much your website may grow in the future and choose according to that.
- Don’t make decision seeing the present state of the site.
- Some hosting providers provided coupon code and discounted hosting on some occasions.
- Do avail the facility of the hosting that fits according to your needs.
Top 12 Free Web Hosting Providers:
Although you can use their services but be aware some of them are not reliable, and the server may go down.
Some of the free ones are:
- Award Space
- 5Gb free
- Brave net
Which One is the Best Web Hosting?
This decision depends on your needs.
The one which fulfills your need is the best one for you, and that may vary from person to person depending upon his/her needs.
Paid ones are most likely to be better. No doubt Google web hosting services are also excellent.
Get Google Web Hosting For Small Business:
So you want to build a website without spending a penny.
You can use make it using blogger also.
The other way to do it by using the one offered by Google.
Following steps are involved in this process:
- First, you will have to Sign in to Google sites using your Gmail account
- Then click create a website.
- Choose a template, and you are ready to go.
- Type in the name you wished to be of your site.
- Then type a URL for it.
- Remember: You cannot connect your site to any other’s Gmail account.
- Choose the theme that suits best for your site and then goes to create.
- Google also gives you the flexibility to copy your this site to any other URL you desire.
How to Get Google Drive Web Hosting?
You will be glad to know that it is free and the method to do is quite simple.
Follow these steps:
- Login to your Google Drive account and create a folder.
- Name it to the website you want to upload.
- Then click the share icon to share the folder.
- Sharing settings will appear.
- You will get a link. (Note: if the link is too big you can shorten the URL also)
- Change the settings to public.
- Open the folder you created earlier.
- Upload your website and share it.
- Then you will get a new web address.
- Open the folder of your site.
- On the top address bar, there would be a link to the folder copy all the link.
- In the next tab type in the link is shown below and at the end paste/append the link you just copied, and everyone can access the website through this link.
You can edit this site very quickly.
Google Domain And Web Hosting:
You can also choose a domain name.
These are paid.
You can choose for a year or more duration of time and will have to renew it after a particular time before it gets expired.
How to Buy a Domain Name From Google?
Follow these steps to do so:
- Visit the google domains site.
- Then create a google account there.
- Search the domain you intend to purchase
- Add it to your cart and enter the requires information
Thus you have bought the domain, and then you will need to set up your websites.
Premium Web Hosting:
Some of the popular ones are:
- Blue host
- Dream host
What is Google App Engine?
It is used for hosting web applications in the data center.
Then the servers run the applications.
It is free to some extent.
After that, it charges some fees.
The programming languages available are:
Much more are available, but I have enlisted only a few of them here.
The thing that makes it stand at the top of others is that it allows writing scale-able apps.
Yahoo Web Hosting:
Yahoo also offers such services. These are the paid ones.
You will be charged some amount of money.
How to Host Website From Your Computer?
To host a site on your PC, you need to have some tech know how. The server software will be used to do this.
Also, you need to check whether your ISP allows you to do this.
You can find these details on your ISP’s website.
The main steps involved in this process are:
- Identify your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Then wireless network.
- Find Internet protocol.
- Input the IP address.
- Install the software for database management.
What is Wamp Server?
WAMP refers to the Web Application Messaging Protocol.
It is a free open source software that is used in web server environments.
It consists of:
- MYSQL database
- PHP language
- Apache web server
PERL and Python are the dynamic scripting languages.
Variants For Other Platforms:
Its options on some different OS include:
- The LAMP used for Linus OS
- MAMP used for MacOS
- SAMP used for Solaris OS
- WISA used for Windows OS
Wamp Server Tutorial:
It is a windows based software.
Wampp server consists of:
1) PHP Admin:
It supports MYSQL operations.
Many operations are executed by the user interface while for some features you have to use the SQL statements.
- Data import and export features.
- Has the ability to administrator multiple servers.
- Use QBE(Query by example) to create complex queries.
- Can use a set of predefined functions to transfer the data stored in any format.
It configures the server side. Knowing what is Apache will help you understand the server work too.
3) The Database System and the SQL Server:
SQL server is an RDBS(relational database management system).
- It was mainly designed for the enterprise environment.
- It runs a set of programming extensions that add different features in the standard SQL.
By now you may have sound knowledge of free Google web hosting services, sites, and top ones.
You may have now which one to choose.
If you follow the above guidelines, you will have no difficulty in selecting an excellent service and your website will be the right place.