The typical individual uses their phone for 5.4 hours every day. It implies that you remain connected to the rest of the world. You can also handle your personal and professional affairs.
Smartphones, without a doubt, make life easier and more convenient. Because of the widespread use of mobile phones, you may find yourself surrounded by various adware and viruses that can compromise your privacy and security.
If your phone has been hacked, you cannot access anything. Hackers can access and exploit your bank account, credit cards, passwords, and other personal information. As a result, if you do not take precautions, you may find yourself in difficulty.
So, we are here how to fix a hacked Android phone. Let us get started.
How Do I Know If My Phone is Being Hacked?
- It could be because of many factors, including high-quality photo uploads, automatic software updates, or quicker network speeds. If nothing else has changed, but your data consumption has soared, someone has hacked your phone.
- When a virus infects a smartphone, it often starts acting strangely. Most individuals use their phones so often that they notice it out of the usual; many completely overlook those signs.
- If your phone takes ages to launch apps, it overheats, or the battery drains at an alarming rate, it could be a sign that someone has hacked your smartphone. Check your device’s battery consumption menu to determine whether an app with a strange name drains energy.
- Pay attention to your bank card transactions. There’s something wrong if you notice strange expenditures that you didn’t make. Of course, it might not blame your smartphone; it might be a different type of credit card theft.
What to Do if Phone is Hacked?
Method 01: Change Passwords
After you suspect someone has hacked your phone, the first and most crucial thing you should change your user credentials. That would provide you comfort with your details.
To do so, you must first determine which of your accounts has been hacked. After that, you can establish a new strong password for it.
Method 02: Delete Unnecessary Apps:
If someone has hacked your phone, go through all of your apps. Delete the apps you don’t recall installing. If you’re wondering what to do if someone has hacked your iPhone, the same rules apply.
- Open the Settings application.
- Tap Notifications & Apps (or whatever your OEM calls it)
- “See all applications,” “App info,” or “App settings” are the most common options for viewing all apps.
- Now, carefully scroll down and scan the apps with your eyes.
- If you come across anything suspicious, hit the Uninstall option right immediately.
Method 01: Factory Reset
It is better to factory reset your smartphone to return it to its original settings. After you’ve backed up your data, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- General < Reset < Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your Apple ID password or passcode.
- Select “Apps” from the menu.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- “Backup and Reset” will appear.
- Select “Factory Data Reset” from the drop-down menu.
- Go for “Reset Device” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Erase Everything” from the drop-down menu.
How to Block Hackers from My Android Phone?
- Update your phone: You can safeguard your phone against incoming threats by updating the software and apps on it regularly. If your spyware depends on out-of-date software or a jailbreak, an update may stop a hacker who already has access to your device. Also, follow the phone spyware detection and removal methods.
- Two-factor Authentication: It protects your device from becoming your data compromised. To secure your online accounts, you should always use two-factor authentication. It means that even if a hacker cracks your password and account, backed-up data will remain protected.
- Strong Password: Although it may seem self-evident, a strong passcode is the first layer of protection against unwanted phone access. In most cases, a hacker will require physical access to your phone to install a harmful program, contrary to popular belief. You can add extra security to your device by ensuring your password is at least six characters long and contains nothing immediately identifiable as you.
How Does Malware Get on Your Phone?
- Apps and downloads are the most prevalent ways for hackers to transmit malware. Programs downloaded from an established app store are safe, but downloaded from less reputable sites frequently include viruses. Apps that look to be legitimate yet contain spyware or other malware.
- Hackers can often take advantage of flaws in the mobile device itself. They can detect and address flaws fast. So, if you don’t update your phone’s software regularly, your smartphone will be unprotected.
- You expose personal information transferred from your device if you surf unsecured websites. You’re more vulnerable to malware and man-in-the-middle assaults. Use antivirus software and a VPN on your phone to secure a Wi-Fi connection and avoid visiting unsecured websites and Wi-Fi networks.
Also Checkout Internal Cybersecurity Threats
How Do You Know if Your Phone is Tapped?
- It could be a sign that you are being snooped on if you hear clicking sounds, static, or distant voices coming through your phone during a discussion. It is not typical of today’s digital phone networks.
- Reduced battery performance is another sign of a hacked cell phone. When a mobile phone is tapped, it records and transmits your activity to a third party. It affects greater battery utilization, which causes the battery to degrade faster.
Best Free Security App for Android
Avast is an Android antivirus program that secures your cell phone from viruses and other problems. It can stop any potential dangers on the phone.
- You may run a scan regularly to detect vulnerabilities and threats.
- It can detect harmful software before you install it.
- This software can guard against malware-infected web links.
- Avast can check the Wi-Fi network’s security.
McAfee Mobile Security is a program that helps you safeguard your tablet or phone from viruses and scams. It also enables you to intercept harmful software before it reaches your machine.
- Protect your PC and mobile devices from numerous sorts of bugs, hackers, and cyberattacks.
- It assists you in securing our firewall and preventing hackers from gaining access to your home network.
- Allows you to keep track of and manage all of your digital credentials in one place.
- Store sensitive files on your system using 256-bit encryption to keep them confidential.
The internet has become an integral part of our lives, but with all of its benefits comes a slew of drawbacks, one of which is phone hacking. However, there are solutions to avoid or how to fix a hacked Android phone.
Also Checkout Information and Data Security Guide For Beginners