Cell phone spyware detection and removal are necessary to keep your device secure and protect your sensitive data.
Hidden spy apps for android and iPhones are quite dangerous as they send your confidential data to cybercriminals. Learn how to detect and remove spyware on your cell phone to secure your phone and your data too.
We use smartphones to communicate. These sophisticated devices have sensitive information, including various photographs and documents.
The primary target of hackers are these smartphones, and thus mobile users need to be aware of the threats to their mobile data privacy.
This guide will help you know about the cell phone spyware detection and removal of android and iPhone.
- Cell Phone Spyware Detection and Removal
- How to Detect and Remove Spyware on Your Cell Phone?
- Spyware Detection
- Spyware Removal
- Hidden Spy Apps for Android
- Android Spyware Detection App
- How to Clean Your iPhone From Spyware?
- Best Free Anti-Spyware App for iPhone
Cell Phone Spyware Detection and Removal
There are few signs that ring the bell of the presence of spyware on your cell phone. Before knowing about them and the ways to remove them, let us have a look at what spyware actually is.
What is Spyware?
Spyware is malicious software by which cybercriminals can obtain any device’s data. They do this by installing the software on the victim’s phone and then steal their sensitive information.
Such software is downloaded without the authorization of the user and thus violates the privacy of the end-user.
Once installed on your phone, this software spies on your sensitive data, monitor your online activities, and tracks the credentials. Cyber Criminals mostly obtain credit card information with such software.
To remove spyware, anti-spyware tools are used. Such tools offer real-time protection.
How to Detect and Remove Spyware on Your Cell Phone?
Spyware is hidden on your device, and it is quite difficult to detect. But there are some signs with which you can detect and remove it.
Slowdown and Crashes
You might witness apps on your device take much time to load. They get freeze and slow down your phone.
High Data Usage
You will witness your phone using mobile data higher than usual.
The phone will shut down unexpectedly.
You will be receiving random strange messages on your phone. For example, the security code of your social media accounts.
Battery Drains Faster
The spyware runs on your device in the background, and due to this, you might witness faster battery drainage.
Although normal phone usage results in some warmth but the phone with spyware installed gets more overheated than normal usage.
You will see new apps on your phone that you haven’t installed. Also, the presence of some new settings that you haven’t configured indicates the presence of malware.
Make use of an antivirus solution and run a malware scan on your device to detect and remove the spyware. This is considered to be the easiest solution.
If you think your account has been compromised, then do change the passwords on all devices.
Create New Email
Create a new email and tether it to the main account.
Two-factor authentication protects your account by providing an extra layer of security.
Upgrade the OS, as the new updates most often come with security patches.
Remove Spyware Manually
You can also root out the issue and remove the spyware manually on your own. To do this, first, you will have to reboot the phone into safe mode.
Third-party apps won’t run in safe mode. This way, you will get to know if the issue is with any app or not.
Following are the steps to do so.
1. Press the power button for 30 seconds, so the power options are displayed.
2. Then, long-press the option of saying ‘power off.’ The reboot to safe mode will be displayed. Press Ok.
3. The indication in the bottom left shows that you are in safe mode.
4. Now, remove the malicious apps. To do this, open the settings and go-to apps.
5. Find the apps that look unknown to you, i.e., the ones that you didn’t install. Then uninstall them.
6. If you are unsure about some apps, then google out their names to see if other users had issues with them.
7. Some sneaky apps have device administrator settings that prevent you from uninstalling them. So to remove such apps, you will first have to remove such permissions.
Go to settings, then tap on security from their tap on advanced and then goto device administrator.
8. You will get the list of device switch administrator permission. Uncheck the permission for the malicious apps.
9. Then uninstall the malicious app completely.
10. Next, restart your phone and boot it in normal mode.
Now your phone has got free from the spyware.
If you still experience the phone not working normally, then repeat the process above and delete some more malicious apps.
This is considered to be the last option, i.e., if none of the above methods work for you, then do a factory reset of your phone.
Doing so will delete everything, including the spyware on the phone. Make a backup of the phone data before doing a factory reset.
To make your phone get back to the factory settings, follow these steps.
1. Goto settings, then system, and from there tap on reset option.
2. Then tap the factory data reset option.
3. Confirm it by pressing the reset device button.
4. You will be asked for confirmation via password or pin.
5. After the factory reset, you will be asked to have a fresh start or restore the data. Make sure you don’t restore with the backup having malware.
6. Now the spyware is gone.
Hidden Spy Apps for Android
- TheWiSpy Android Spy app
- FlexiSpy Mobile Spyware
- SpyEra Mobile Spy app
- FamiSafe Android Motringn App
Android Spyware Detection App
Some of the top apps to froth android spyware detection are:
- Malwarebytes Security
- Incognito (By Arcane Solutions)
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
- Avast Mobile security
- Anti Spy
- Cell Spy Catcher
- Anti Spy Mobile Free
How to Clean Your iPhone From Spyware?
To remove spyware from your iPhone, you need to install the antivirus program. Do a software upgrade also.
Follow these steps for an iOS upgrade.
- Open settings
- Then tap on ‘General.’
- From there, perform the software update.
- Also, try performing a factory reset.
Best Free Anti-Spyware App for iPhone
- McAfee Mobile Security
- Avira Mobile Security
- Phone Guardian
- F-Secure SAFE
Cell phones are always in danger of cyber threats. Cybercriminals install spyware on the victim’s phone to monitor their activity and have access to confidential data.
You will see the abnormal behavior of your phone if spyware is installed on it.
To get rid of it, do perform the software update. You can also uninstall the spy app manually.
If nothing works for you, then do the factory reset of your phone and bring it back to default settings that were there before the spyware entered the phone.
Until now, you have gained some excellent knowledge of cell phone spyware detection and removal and thus can secure your sensitive phone data easily.