Is your android phone locked, and you intend to know how to unlock android phone passwords without factory reset?
Well, you need not worry as the solution to this issue is explained in this article.
This problem is faced by many users.
- How To Unlock Your Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset?
- How To Unlock Your Android Phone Pattern Lock if Forgotten?
- How to Remove Password From Android Lock Screen?
How To Unlock Your Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset?
By setting a password on your android phone, you protect the phone so that any other person won’t be able to access it.
Although a phone password offers great protection to your data inside the phone as it is inaccessible by others, it’s a bit risky too. This is because when you forget the password, you are unable to access it.
Here are some of the methods to access your android phone if you forget the password.
Using ‘Find My Device’
‘Find My Device’ was previously known as the Android device manager.
This is mostly used for locating the stolen or lost phone.
But you can also use it to unlock your phone.
- Firstly visit the URL http://www.google.com/android/find
- Now sign in here with the same google account with which you have signed in on your android phone.
- Confirm your device, and you will see three options on the left side.
- From these options, select unlock.
- Then you will see a new popup window asking you to set a new password.
- Enter the new password there.
- Now you can unlock your phone with this new password.
With Google Account
If your phone has Android 4.4 or lower, then you can unlock it using your Google account.
- Make five incorrect locking attempts on your device, and you will see a popup to ty in 30 seconds.
- When this message is being shown, tap on the forgot pattern option on the bottom.
- Then select the google account option.
- Enter your Gmail account logins
- Then you will get the unlock pattern in your email inbox.
- Change it on the screen and access your phone.
Via Third-Party Software
- You can unlock your android using third party software, i.e., Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock.
- Download and install the Dr.Fone software on your PC.
- Launch it
- Click on the screen unlock option.
- Connect your phone and PC by USB cable.
- Select your phone model
- You will be shown the ways on the screen to get your phone into download mode.
- Get it in download mode, and then the software will start unlocking your device without data loss.
- The process will take a few minutes, and your phone will be unlocked.
Check Out Recover Data From Dead Phone Memory
How To Unlock Your Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset Using ADB?
This method works only if you have already enabled the USB debugging option on your android phone.
- It is a time-consuming method, so you need to be patient.
- Download the ADB, i.e., Android Debug Bridge, on your PC from the developer site.
- Install it and download the required packages.
- Connect your android phone to the PC by USB cable.
- When you have enabled the USB debugging on your phone, launch the command prompt in the same directory as that of installation on ADB.
- Type the following command: adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- Now press enter
- Restart your phone, and you can access it now as usual.
Enabling USB Debugging on Phone
- Go to settings
- From about the phone, click on the ‘build number option.’
- Click on this option seven times.
- Then your device will have the developer option enabled.
- Now from the settings goto developer option.
- Switch on the USB debugging format here.
Also, Read How to Reset iPad Without iCloud Password?
How To Unlock Your Android Phone Pattern Lock if Forgotten?
The method used is the crash lock screen method.
The following unlocking methods works only for Android 5.0 to Android 5.1.1
- On the lock screen, click on the emergency call option.
- Enter ten asterisks by the dialer
- Double click it, then highlight it and copy.
- Paste the character again and again next to the ten asterisks you have just entered.
- Enter till there is no space to add you don’t take the double tap option.
- Open the camera by the shortcut option on the lock screen.
- Pull down the notification shade and goto settings.
- You will be asked to enter the password.
- Long press on the input field and paste characters. Keep on doing so
- This way, the lock screen will crash, and you will be able to access the device.
How to Remove Password From Android Lock Screen?
- Open settings
- Tap on security
- Goto screen lock.
- Select none. If you have already set up a screen lock, then you will be asked for it for confirmation.
- Now your screen lock is removed completely.
Locking your android phone adds a layer of security to it, but it is a bit risky too. Forgetting a password and being unable to unlock the phone is a complicated scenario.
Being locked out of a phone is quite stressful as it contains valuable data that you don’t want to lose at any cost.
Many users have faced this issue, and thus by knowing how to unlock an android phone password without a factory reset, you can unlock your phone easily.
This way, you can unlock the device without losing any data easily.
Also, Read Cell Phone Spyware Removal