Explore the hidden shortcuts, and amazing tricks with these cool iPhone hacks without jailbreaking.
- Cool iPhone Hacks Without Jailbreaking
- 1. Shoot Live Photos & Edit Them
- 2. Shooting Pictures in Raw Format
- 3. One Hand Use
- 4. Change Video Resolution
- 4. Raise to Wake Option
- 5. Using Your Phone as a Magnifier
- 6. Force Restart
- 7. Bedtime Feature
- 8. Know What Your iPhones Know About You
- 9. Fixing Camera Focal Point
- 10. Fast Charging
- 10. iPhone storage Hacks Without Jailbreaking
- Text Message Hacks iPhone
Cool iPhone Hacks Without Jailbreaking
These fun-filled tips are quite easy to follow.
1. Shoot Live Photos & Edit Them
If you have an iPhone running iOS 10.2 or above, then you can easily shoot live photos with it. This way, you can take a picture and record a 2-sec video after it.
To turn on this feature, tap on the dot icon present on the camera screen’s top center.
Your iPhone will start to record and will also save a video after taking the picture.
Now when you tap on the capture button, a live text will be visible on the screen.
You can access it from the gallery. Tap and hold on to the live photo you just took for a few seconds and see the amazing live shot.
Furthermore, you can edit this live shot the same way you edit other captures with the inbuilt editor of the iPhone.
2. Shooting Pictures in Raw Format
Shooting pictures in raw format allows the picture editor to work on the picture using a photo editing tool like photoshop.
If you have got the iPhone 7 or 7 plus, then you can easily shoot your favorite pictures in raw format using third-party apps.
3. One Hand Use
It is difficult to access apps with a bigger display when using the iPhone single-handedly. This is where the one hand use feature of iPhones comes into play.
This feature can be used on iPhone5S and above.
To enable it, touch the home button twice. The app drawer will slide down, and this way, you will be able to use your phone single-handedly.
4. Change Video Resolution
Shooting videos with high resolution consumes a lot of space.
Although you can shoot a 4k video with your iPhone, this comes in handy if you have low storage of 32GB or 16GB storage.
To save some storage, you can lower the resolution of the videos you shoot.
- Open settings
- Tap on photos and camera
- Then go to the record video option.
- From here, choose your desired video resolution.
4. Raise to Wake Option
By enabling this feature, your device wakes up when you pick it up.
It is available on iPhone SE and iPhone 6S plus.
- Open settings
- Tap on display, and brightness
- Toggle on the Raise to wake option.
- Now raise your phone, and you will see the display lights up and shows you the pending notifications.
This way, you need not turn on the power button of your phone to light up the display as it will automatically light up.
5. Using Your Phone as a Magnifier
The magnifier feature in the iPhone allows you to use the phone camera as a magnifying glass.
- Go to settings
- Then tap on accessibility.
- Enable the magnifier option from there.
- To use this feature, tap thrice on the home button, and your magnifying glass will be ready to use.
6. Force Restart
With the iOS 10 update, you can force start your iPhone by pressing and holding the volume down button and the power button.
Previously you could force start it using the power button and the home button.
7. Bedtime Feature
This feature reminds you to sleep and wake up at a specified time.
- Open the clock app.
- From the bottom bar, goto the bedtime option.
- Then select in hours how much sleep you intend to have, and the iPhone will remind you of that.
8. Know What Your iPhones Know About You
iPhone gathers your data and is indeed keeping track of your location.
To know what your iPhone has recorded about you:
- Open settings
- Tap on privacy
- Goto location services
- Then tap on system services.
- Open the frequent location option.
Here you will get to know what your iPhone has recorded about your location.
9. Fixing Camera Focal Point
To set the focal point while using the iPhone camera, we tap on the screen. But the issue is that if you move the camera after doing so, then that focal point will disappear.
Well, you can make the focal point fixed too.
To do this, press on the screen for a second while using the camera, and you will see the message saying ‘AF locked.’
Now your iPhone camera’s focus won’t disappear on moving the phone.
10. Fast Charging
To speed up your iPhone’s charging process, simply enable the safe flight mode when the phone is charging.
This way, your phone will knock the data draining apps and phone wifi searching. This will keep off the strains from your phone battery while it’s on a charge.
10. iPhone storage Hacks Without Jailbreaking
You can save your iPhone storage by renting the movie to iTunes.
- Firstly go to settings
- Then under General, tap on storage & iCloud usage.
- Note down the available storage.
- Now go to iTunes and find a movie that is of greater size than your phones’ available memory.
- You need not worry about spending any penny on it since you haven’t got the required storage.
- Now press the rent button.
- A pop-up will appear saying cannot download videos. This pop-up has two options. ‘Ok’ and ‘settings.’
- Go to settings and from there see the available storage on your iPhone, and you will see its available storage will now be increased.
This is because the phone deletes useless data as it tries to find space for renting movies.
Text Message Hacks iPhone
A. Sending Handwritten Notes
You can send handwritten notes in an iPhone message.
- To use this feature, turn your iPhone into landscape mode.
- When the keyboard shows up, search for the squiggle icon present on the bottom right (below the full stop).
- Tap the squiggle icon, and you will see a blank canvas. No, you can write on it.
Moreover, you can also use the preloaded handwritten notes present at the bottom of the screen.
B. Special Words Causing Effect on Testing
There are certain words that add a fun flair to your message and cause amazing effects.
These words are the holiday greeting for the congratulation related words.
If your recipient has an iPhone, then he will be able to see these effects.
- Sending the message ‘Happy New Year’ creates a firework show.
- Sending a message, ‘Happy Birthday’ shows a colorful balloon effect.
- Texting the word ‘Congratulations’ or ‘Congrats’ show a confetti rain on your screen
There are some hidden shortcuts and impressive tricks on your iPhone that you are unaware of. Exposing them is quite fun.
Try out the cool iPhone hacks without jailbreaking and enjoy these amazing tricks.