There are a variety of issues that arises with a code number. Some of them are common like graphics device driver error code 31 and code 43 Nvidia.
Although these errors are easy to remove, yet they harm the system. Because of these issues, the computer becomes slow and does not work well. So, in this blog, we will share all solutions to resolve this problem.
- What is Code 31 in Device Manager?
- Graphics Device Driver Error Code 31 Windows 10
- How to Fix Graphics Device Driver Error Code 31?
- Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 Nvidia
What is Code 31 in Device Manager?
Code 31 is a Device Manager error that shows that this device is not accurately functioning because Windows cannot load the required drivers of this device.
A variety of issues that prohibit Windows from loading the driver for the hardware device can cause it. It is relatively simple to solve this issue, regardless of the underlying reason.
Graphics Device Driver Error Code 31 Windows 10
Follow the simple steps below to resolve the device not operating properly issue with the following solutions:
Solution 01: Update Windows
- Enter Settings in the Search box.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Update in the settings.
- Select the Check for updates option. It will download all updates for your devices.
- After that, please check to see if the Microsoft basic display adapter problem has been repaired.
Solution 02: Do System Restore
- Press Window and R key together
- A dialogue box will open, input “rstrui” and Press OK.
- You can choose either Recommended Restore or Choose a different restore point from the system restore and click next.
- Now, go for Show More restore points option and the date to roll Windows back.
- Finally, click Next > Finish > Yes to perform System restoration.
How to Fix Graphics Device Driver Error Code 31?
There are many methods to eliminate this issue. We have listed down five working solutions for this problem. These methods are:
Way 01: Restart Your PC
Because this error can occur because of a transient hardware failure, you can restart your computer to see if it resolves the issue.
- In the lower-left corner of your computer screen, click the Windows logo.
- On the left sidebar, look for the Power option.
- From the pop-up menu, select Restart.
Way 02: Update Drivers
- You can access the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Windows button and selecting Device Manager, or by right-clicking on This PC and selecting Manage -> Device Manager.
- To discover the malfunctioning device, expand the options in the right pane.
- Select the device with the error code 31 by right-clicking it. Choose update driver from the menu.
- Select a response to what method do you want to use to find drivers?
- Allow for the updating process to finish.
Way 03: Uninstall the Faulty Driver
- Open Device Manager and locate the device for which the system reports code 31 as not working.
- Choose Uninstall device from the context menu when you right-click on it.
- Select Delete the driver software for this device from the drop-down menu and click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- After that, reconnect the device to your computer and see what occurs.
Way 04: Troubleshoot the Problem
- First, click the Windows button and then select Settings from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down and click on Update & Security.
- In the left pane, click Troubleshoot.
- Look for and choose the device type.
- After the preceding step, click the Run the troubleshooter button that appeared.
- Wait for the troubleshooting procedure to complete.
Way 05: Reinstall Driver
- Search for the device manager in Start and then select Device Manager from the results.
- Select the device from the list by right-clicking it.
- Choose Update Driver from the menu that displays to launch the Hardware Update process.
Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 Nvidia
You can find the Intel Graphics beneath the Display Adapter in the Device Manager.
When you double-click the Intel graphics controller, the Device status window displays the following error: This device has been disabled by Windows because it has reported difficulties (Code 43).
This error occurs because of a hardware issue or any corrupted device driver. You can solve this issue through a clean install process.
- Turn off the internet connection.
- Remove the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver.
- Start the computer again.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Properties. Choose Device Manager.
- If it shows no earlier drivers in the system, Device Manager should show it as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter or something similar.
- If you do not find it, go back to step 2. Repeat it until you get a graphics controller labeled as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
- Install the most recent graphics driver from the system’s manufacturer.
- Re-enable the internet connection once the installation process is complete.
We are confident that this post assisted you in resolving the graphics device driver error with code 31 and 43 issues using numerous simple ways. To resolve this issue, you can use any or all of the techniques listed below.
If you are unable to resolve this issue using the steps outlined above, your system is probably infected with malware or spyware.