Suppose you are watching a video and the quality of the video is so poor that you find it difficult to see the contents of the video. When you search for a high-quality resolution, you find Display driver failed to start the issue.
Do not get worried; we have jotted down all the solutions to resolve this problem.
We will cover what is display driver is, its errors, and its fixation. Let us solve this issue together.
- What is a Display Driver on a Computer?
- Why Did Display Driver Fail to Start?
- How to Fix the Display Driver Failed to Start in Windows 10?
- What to Do When Display Driver Failed to Start?
- Display Driver Stopped Responding and has Recovered Error
What is a Display Driver on a Computer?
The display driver is a type of software that builds a connection between your computer and graphics hardware. It plays a primary role in the utilization of graphics and is also accountable for using video cards.
Every computer has a unique architecture, and they all need a display driver to work with graphic cards.
Some operating systems have a corrupted display driver, and because of this reason, they cannot fully use video cards.
Advantages of Display Driver:
Following are the primary advantages of a display driver:
- Increase video performance
- Better gaming experience
- Memory usage
- Improve video experience
- Driver support
- Increase speed
The best way to find out a driver is from your PC setup.
You can use a CD driver to install a driver for your devices. If these procedures are useless for you, you can visit the website of the manufacturer. You can also go to the site of the video card.
- Identifying Hardware.
- To expose your hardware. You can do this.
- Open My Computer.
- Click Hardware.
- Tab on Hardware Manager.
- You can recognize the list of hardware.
- Choose the right one.
In this way, you can also find out the hardware for the video card.
Why Did Display Driver Fail to Start?
While playing a game or watching a video, you might face an error saying the display driver failed to start.
The main reason for this problem is the faulty driver. Despite this mistake, you can use your system. But it will cause inconvenience for you.
How to Fix the Display Driver Failed to Start in Windows 10?
The following solutions will help you to fix this issue in Windows 10:
Solution 01: Update the Driver
- Press Window+R simultaneously, a search bar will appear on the screen.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Tap on the Display adapter to explore the list.
- Select your graphic card and choose Update Driver Software.
- Choose Search automatically for an updated driver. The window will automatically install and update your driver.
Check if this method has resolved this issue; else, move to the following procedures.
Solution 02: Install the Latest Version from the Manufacturer’s Website
You can download and install the latest version of the driver from its official website on your PC. You can also get it from the video card originator website. If you use a branded computer, you must know about the manufacturer.
Solution 03: Update the Driver using Driver Easy
If you cannot download it manually, then you can use Driver Easy for this operation.
- Download Driver Easy and install it.
- Open the Driver Easy software and scan for updates. It will scan your computer and detect any problem you are facing.
- You can choose Update Driver or update all.
What to Do When Display Driver Failed to Start?
You can face an error Display driver failed to start in both AMD and Intel. In most cases, restarting your computer will recommend fixing your problem that might solve your problem. In case it does not solve the issue, follow these solutions:
Update Your Driver
- First, open Device Manager. To get this, click window + R at the same time from your computer.
- From Display Adapter, you can find your device driver
- Click on your driver and select update.
- Select Search automatically for an updated driver.
We have mentioned this procedure in the previous section.
Reinstall Device Driver
There are also three steps to reinstall the device driver, like updating it.
- Instead of choosing an updated driver, select uninstall.
- Then, visit your respective manufacturer’s website to download the latest version
- If you have Intel, go to the intel developer setting.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Restart your system.
Check if the problem is corrected.
Scan for Malware
The existence of malware in your devices can cause two problems.
- First, its stimulus the display driver issue
- Cyberpunks use malware to show a fake fault in your device and later on an attack on your system
To treat this issue, you can employ antivirus and anti-malware to scan your desktop.
Bring an SFC Scan
It scans our entire system’s files. If you have any corrupted files. It will correct all issues.
The following steps are worthwhile:
- Press Window + X keys on your keyboard
- It will open menu
- Choose Command Prompt
- Upright Command P admin
- Type the recommend command and hit enter button
- SFC takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Do not interfere in the scanning period.
- Restart your computer and check whether it has resolved the problem.
Display Driver Stopped Responding and has Recovered Error
This issue is most common among Windows 10 users. You should know why it is a frequent issue. It might be because you have an outdated and corrupted version of the driver.
Graphics effects and programs may cause heating effects and slows down your computer. Another reason can be that GPU is not permitting display drivers to run on your device.
- Update driver to the latest version
- Change graphic influence for better performance
- Boost GPU processing time
We have discussed display drivers and display drivers failed to start error and its solutions. Although, the solution procedure for different windows is almost the same. So, each method is interchangeable.
It is necessary to resolve this issue as it slows down your system and shows low-quality videos. Hopefully, you can now eliminate this issue from your system. If you want to add any method that worked for you, let us know in the comment section.
Best of luck!