The world is progressing day by day. Everyone wants to become productive and knowledgeable.
They all use these things that give 100% output without wasting their time. When they come across Google Chrome, they encounter various ads. All these ads are responsible for the distraction of productive people.
Fortunately, Chrome has a hidden feature named Chrome Reader mode for such stunning stuff.
So, let us know about this feature.
- What is Chrome Reader Mode?
- How Do I Turn ON Reader Mode in Chrome?
- How to Enable Reader Mode in Chrome for Mac?
- Enable Reader Mode in Chrome
- Use Reader Mode in Chrome
- Best Chrome Reader Mode Extension
- Final Thoughts
What is Chrome Reader Mode?
Chrome Reader Mode is a feature by Google. It enables us to read articles or content without clutter, ads, and distraction.
It removes all the ads running on a website to improve user experiences. Dyslexia support, bookmarking, annotating, highlighting, text to speech, and many other features are due to chrome reader mode.
- Custom CSS
- Without ads
- Delete all unwanted elements
- Theme customization
- Print size page
- Full-Screen mode
- Save all the edit pages
- Text to speech
- Article outline
- Dark panel mode
- Google search
- Remove footer option
- Cloud storage
- Read it later mode
- Tags for pages
- Share pages
- Auto-scroll functionality
How Do I Turn ON Reader Mode in Chrome?
WordPress makes it easy to put ads on web pages. So, most web browsers launch reader mode to save from such frustration to solve reading issues.
Most web browsers like Firefox and Safari have reader mode by default. Same as Chrome has reader mode.
Most of the users don’t know where it is present. Google Chrome has a hidden reader mode in almost all the versions.
Here is how you can enable Chrome Reader Mode in your system.
- First, we need to enable the Chrome feature flag.
- Visit the chrome browser on your computer or Android.
- Type chrome://flags/. Search for the Reader Mode in the text box at the top of the interface.
- Click the flag title Enabled Reader Mode to make it active to use.
- After enabling the reader mode, select the relaunch button at the bottom of the screen to apply all the changes.
- When you visit a web page with too much text, you see a book icon on the right of the address bar. Tap on this small icon to transfer to Reader Mode.
If you are not happy with your present interface without ads and some other items, you can go further to change the font size.
Select the A icon to change font text size, background color, and interference.
Also, Read How Do I Fix Chrome OS Missing or Damaged?
How to Enable Reader Mode in Chrome for Mac?
Safari and Firefox both have reader mode in default. You can enable it to enjoy reading without any distractions. But reader mode in Chrome is not easy to find.
It is a hidden flag for Chrome reader mode. Alternatively, you can install a chrome extension to enjoy many other features.
Enable Reader Mode in Chrome
- Enter Chrome://flag/ into an address bar of Google. Here at the top, you will see a warning about your data loss.
- If you like to process to check the features of chrome reader mode, use the address.
- Type Chrome://flags/#enable_reader_mode.
- When you see the feature, use a drop-down list to find out how to enable it.
- You can enable the feature from the settings.
Use Reader Mode in Chrome
When you visit an article where you want to use the feature, select the reader mode icon on the right side of the address bar.
You will see that the page is now looking pleasant and easy-to-read version. You can change the font size, color, and background to make it more attractive. For this, you need to tap on A on the right top corner to make changes.
You will notice the icon is blue when you use it. To enjoy some extra features using chrome extension, we have listed a couple of characteristics of chrome extension.
· Just Read
Click on the button on the toolbar to enable it. You will see a clutter-free version of the page.
On the top right, it has some additional options. Click the trash icon and enter it into deletion mode.
Removal of specific elements is the service of this tool. Tap on the paint icon to change the theme, font size, and color.
· Reader View
Install the extension and click the toolbar to enable it. You can change font style, size, page size, alignment, and background.
Print, share the page via email, save it, and full-screen views are other features of reader view.
Best Chrome Reader Mode Extension
Chrome Reader Mode provides valuable features to enjoy reading in a distraction-free environment. It will help you to focus more on your project.
1) Easy Reader:
Best reader extension that customizes and improves the reading experience of long articles and novels.
Pros: It is an easy to use, clean, and minimalistic interface
2) DOM Distiller Reading Mode:
It removes the unimportant sidebar, shares button, and displays the content in a new interface.
Pros: Process text quickly, Minimal interface
3) Mercury Reader:
It will remove all the unnecessary videos and photos to have a minimalist interface. Send articles to kindle. Dark and light theme.
Pros: Improve user experience, an additional option for changing text size, fonts, and themes, and support kindle
What an incredible scene if it is distraction-free. We all need an environment that is distraction-free to improve our productivity.
Chrome provides you with articles free from ads, but most users are unaware of this outstanding feature. So, go and enjoy the chrome reader mode.
Also Checkout Set Chrome as Default Browser Guide