Up-gradation is the beauty of nature. Every year we upgrade our vehicle, mobile phone, and paint. Same as our system also needs up-gradation.
Sometimes, we upgrade our laptop or computer to enjoy the most recent feature, but an error message pops up on the screen that undoing changes made to your computer.
This error is most common among windows10 users. If you have the same issue, you are at the right place to solve your problem.
- Windows 10 Undoing Changes Made to Your Computer
- How Long Does “Undoing Changes Made to Your Computer” Take?
- How Do I Fix Undoing Changes On My Computer?
- How Do I Skip Windows Updates Configuring?
- Windows 10 Update Keeps Failing and Reverting Changes
- Final Words
Windows 10 Undoing Changes Made to Your Computer
After installing the latest version, windows10 users get stuck.
The error message “Windows is undoing the changes made to your computer” indicates that your system cannot install the latest version and is trying to undo changes.
Why is Windows 10 Undoing Changes?
- One of the most important reasons for this error is installing new updates.
- Windows update service is going to stop working
- Corrupted system files
- Unexpected shut down of your computer
How Long Does “Undoing Changes Made to Your Computer” Take?
It does not take more than 1 hour. Most Windows 10 users report that the error message “undoing changes made to your computer ” disappears on its own within 30 minutes.
The bad news is that in this period, your devices are unusable.
How Do I Fix Undoing Changes On My Computer?
Following error messages appear on your screen related to undoing changes.
- We couldn’t complete the update undoing changes won’t turn off your computer
- Failure configuring windows updates undoing changes don’t turn off your computer. This indicates that the windows 10 updates failed to install.
- We couldn’t finish installing updates to windows 10. This means that the windows updates process got stuck somewhere.
- Windows 10 undoing changes stuck
The most common error is the last one. Now, we will discuss some fixes related to the error “undoing changes made to your computer.”
Fix 01: Boot Windows In Safe Mode
- Press Shift and F8 keys when the system is going to On.
- It will open the startup screen with different options
- Click options and then select troubleshoot
- Tap on the advanced option, choose the startup settings, and then enable Safe mode
- Restart the computer to check the error
Fix 02: Delete The Latest Update
Now, you are operating windows in safe mode. It is necessary to delete the recently installed update. Most probably, it might be generating problems.
Following are the steps to do this:
- Write Control panel in the search box and then press enter
- Select programs
- Choose view installed update
- It will open a new window with the list of all windows updates
- Now, choose the recent update and then tap on the delete
- Restart your Windows 10 in normal mode
Fix 03: Operate DISM
Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management is a tool in windows. It will solve most of the windows issues.
We will use this tool to remove the error “undoing changes made to your computer.”
The following steps are helpful to run DISM:
- Type Command Prompt in windows search box
- Choose the search result and click Run as administrator
- Enter the following commands: DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image/Restorehealth
- Restart your system to check the error message
Fix 04: Run The SFC Scan
Follow these steps
- Enter Command Prompt in the windows search box and run as administrator
- Type SFC and click the enter key
- It will fix all the corrupted system files
- Restart your computer
Fix 05: Try Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Go to the Windows Settings and select update and security
- Choose troubleshoot, click on window update and tap on Run the troubleshooter
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process
- In the end, restart your computer
How Do I Skip Windows Updates Configuring?
If you face the error “preparing to configure window,” you are not alone. Most Windows 10 users face this issue. Check out the following fixes to solve this problem:
Solution 01: Disconnect All The External Devices And Complete A Hard Reboot
First, disconnect all the external devices and then perform a hard reboot.
The following steps are helpful to do this:
- Press and hold the shut down button until the system off
- Remove the external power supply and remove the battery from your system
- Press down the power button for 15 seconds
- Wait a little bit and then plug in all the power supply
- Press the power button
- Choose the option to boot normally
If this issue persists, follow these steps:
- Press the window key on your laptop and type window update
- In the on-screen window, click Check for update
- Wait until windows update your system
Solution 02: Repair Corrupted System Files.
Sometimes the corrupt system file will cause this issue, and you encounter “undoing changes mage your computer.” The following steps are going to be helpful for you:
- Download Reimage
- Install and launch the application
- Select Yes to continue
- Wait for reimaging to scan your computer
- After it, reimage will treat your corrupted files
Also, Read Types of Computer Viruses
Windows 10 Update Keeps Failing and Reverting Changes
Following are the main reason for the error “undoing changes made to your computer”:
- Multiple updates queued
- Lack of drive space
- Corrupt update files
- Hardware disagreement
- Driver conflict
No doubt, everybody wants to enjoy new features in devices. What can you do when an error message appears “undoing changes made to your computer” on every update.
You are not the only victim of this case. Everyone is complaining about this issue.
For this reason, today, we explained the reason behind this error and solutions to correct this error.
Hopefully, you have learned new things from our blog post. If you still have any confusion, let me know in the comment section.
Also, Checkout Windows 10 Not Booting After Update