We all need some convenience to make our life beautiful and calm. We always prefer easy options. Same in the case of smartphones, our concern is to use a compatible app compared to our device.
You can say that apps are a part of our daily life. We use the app daily. Our day starts with an app like an alarm app to wake up. We often use social media apps to get the latest information. All these apps are also software and can become faulty too. You are not the only victim.
There are plenty of people who complain about a similar issue. Let us find the answer to this important question, why are my apps not working on my Android?
Why Are My Apps Not Working on My Android?
Apps are crashing, slowing down, or stopping randomly. There are plenty of reasons for such a common issue. The following are the same reasons:
- Poor app update
- Insufficient memory
- Corrupted app
- Destroyed caches and app data
- Bugs and glitches in the app
- Outdated app or phone software
- Incompatible for device
How Do I Fix an Android App that is not responding?
Let us see some fixes that will help you find a proper solution. Following are some methods to resolve this error:
Method 01: Restart your phone:
In most cases, restarting your phone is the best treatment to solve such an issue. To reboot your phone, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button for 7-8 seconds. It will restart your device.
In most cases, it will work. Otherwise, you can follow these steps:
- Press the power button to open the power menu.
- From there, tap on the restart or reboot option. Sometimes, you have to swipe down to restart your device.
- Wait for a few seconds until the device restarts.
Method 02: Update the android system webview app:
In March 2021, every user complained about the google and Android apps. We recommend you update the Android webview app. Here’s how:
The version of the play store app varies according to the device. First, go to the play store.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top corner.
- Choose manage apps from the options, then tap on updates available.
- Scroll down to find the Android system web view on the list.
- Select the update button to install the latest version.
- Restart your devices for smooth performance.
Method 03: Update App:
Updating your apps is the only way to keep your device safe from bugs and glitches in most cases. Follow these steps to find out any pending updates on your Android device:
- Launch the setting
- Tap on the system and press the system update
- Go for the online updates
- From there, you can check the latest update for devices.
- You can tap on update all to get the newest version for your device.
Useful Read How to Fix a Hacked Android Phone?
Method 04: Clear the Cache Data:
Accumulated cache data is also a cause of why apps do not work on android. You can clear the app’s cached data. Follow the procedure to do this:
- Find the affected app and launch it.
- Long press the app and tap on App info or App details
- From the ongoing option, tap on storage and cache
- In the end, click on clear cache.
Method 05: Update the affected app:
- Visit the play store
- Click on the profile icon
- Select the Manage app
- Find out the faulty app and press on the update, if available.
- You can also press “update all” to make your Android device up to date.
Method 06: Force stop the app:
- Look for the affected app on your device and long-press it.
- Tap on info from ongoing options
- From there, press the stopping force to stop the targeted app.
Method 07: Uninstall and reinstall the app:
If none of the fixes are working for you, this may be the best one to solve your issue. See how it works:
- Locate the app and long-press it.
- Then, tap on uninstall.
- After uninstalling the app, visit the play store to get the latest version of the app.
Method 08: Reset your device:
Warning: To reset your device, make sure you save your data on memory cards or USB.
- Go to the setting app.
- Tap on the security system and then click on reset options.
- Select Erase all data
- Confirm your password and select erase all data.
- During this procedure, your device restarts.
Phone Doesn’t Work After Force Stop an App.
People always ask questions, when is it okay to force stop an app? Well, whenever you force stop an app, you see a warning message: “If you force stop an app, it may misbehave.” It is ironic since you force-stop an app while using an app, and the system jumps from one place to another.
In this case, you need to force-stop an app. It will remove this device from your device’s memory.
How To Find Corrupt Apps on Android?
Type in sfc/scannow at the prompt. It will find all the corrupted and unstable files. If it finds any, it will update the app to the latest version to view your Android device’s last scan status and permission for play protection.
For this, go to the setting and then tap on security. From there, tap on Google Play protect. You will find the list of recently scanned apps. From the list, you can choose the corrupted app.
Also, Checkout How to Prevent Your Smartphone From Being Hacked.
Why Are My Apps Not Updating on My Android?
Following are some common reasons:
- Check the internet connection
- Update date and time according to your system
- Disable the Bluetooth in your device
- Free some storage
- Clean the play store cache and data
Android Troubleshooting Software
If you want to solve your issue, then use the following apps. Such apps can also answer your question, why are my apps not working on my android? These are some recommendations related to troubleshooting software:
- ReiBoot for Android
- Dr. Fond -System Repair for Android
- Repair System for Android
- Fixppo For Android
Apps are essential for smartphones. They are the life of devices. The apps can depress you if these apps do not work properly.
So, one should about the error and can answer why my apps are not working on android.
As discussed in the blog, there can be several reasons but the common ones are faulty and outdated apps. You can resolve this error easily by following this guide.
Also Checkout the Best Apps to Get Free Internet
Leave a Reply