Ella turned on her computer, but the computer screen became green. The computer screen showed Thread Stuck In Device Driver Error (Blue Screen Of Death). What can she do to fix this issue?
Well, before resolving this error and looking for solutions, Ella searched what is the thread stuck problem? So, let us see what Ella found about it through our blog, and how she resolved this error.
- What is Thread Stuck?
- What Does Thread Stuck in Device Driver Mean?
- How to Fix Thread Stuck in a Device Driver?
- Thread Stuck in Device Driver Windows 10
- Thread Stuck in Device Driver Window 8.1
What is Thread Stuck?
Thread stuck in a device driver is any responsible software that can handle your different tasks from the software interface to audio. It also controls the graphic and audio driver.
Indirectly, it is helpful for our computer to become operated.
What Does Thread Stuck in Device Driver Mean?
When you come across this error, you need to know these things before operating to correct issues. You should know why this error happens?
Following are the main reasons for thread stuck in device driver error:
- Driver does not have access to recent updates, and it needs an update to correct its problem.
- It may also occur because of a corrupt system file. This file forces drivers to show Blue Screen of Death.
- Maybe it will need to restore the previous version of the Window.
- A damaged driver.
- Outdated device driver.
- Incompatible Driver.
- Overheating of your computer because of graphic cards, audio cards, and video cards
- Damaged or faulty tools
How to Fix Thread Stuck in a Device Driver?
It is the crucial question that a potential victim is looking for.
So, we are going to give solutions to solve this issue.
Solution 01: Update Your Device Driver
It is the easiest way to correct this issue.
- Connect to the internet connection.
- Go to Device Manager. If you could not find it, go to the Start menu from the left corner and search for Device Manager.
- Note down the driver you are using. It will help you to find the right driver easily. Otherwise, in the series of devices, the one having exclamation marks (the sign of fault) in the front of its name.
- The device manager provides a comparison between the two latest drivers and the one you use. Select the device driver you want to update from the device manager and then select Update.
- If the driver updates, then it is okay.
- Restart your computer and check whether it has removed the fault or not. It does not perform this task itself.
If you need to know the latest version of your device, then follow these steps:
- Go to device manager.
- Select on properties.
- Choose Driver.
- Click on the Driver version.
Solution 03: Upgrade Standard System Driver
If the driver is with no error and you have recently updated it. Then the problem is in your graphic and Audio Driver.
The following steps are helpful to perform this task:
- Go to the device driver
- Select display adapter
- Choose the driver that needs to be updated
- After this, take the same steps we have discussed in the previous section.
- Repeat the same process for the audio driver, but you need to select only an audio driver that requires an update.
Use a System File Checker(SFC) Scanner.
This scanner is to find any corrupt files present in your system.
One uses this solution when you try all these things but do not find an appropriate solution. Then, there are somehow chances of the presence of corrupt files in your system.
- Choose the start menu
- Type Command Prompt
- Then click on Command Prompt
- Click on Run as Administrator
- Then command sfc and press Enter.
Thread Stuck in Device Driver Windows 10
If you are a PC user, you will find this error.
Follow this method to save yourself from future crises.
Update Your Device Driver
If you want to update your device driver, keep in mind the following steps to successfully update the device driver:
- To open Device Manager, select Start from the menu. Type Device, then select Device Manager.
- Move down to find relevant devices. Select a device with an exclamation mark in front of the device’s name.
- Select Update Driver Software
- If you want to update to the latest version, tap Search automatically for updated driver software. It will automatically find the right one and update it successfully. This operation needs the internet.
- Restart your computer to check the error
Use SFC Scanner
Another way to remove errors from your devices is to use the SFC scanner. Its primary function is to point out all corrupt software and remove them.
As you know, this error also occurs due to corrupt files and software. So, it is the best way to fix the fault.
Thread Stuck in Device Driver Window 8.1
To correct errors from Windows 8.1. Maybe the following methods are helpful :
Check your computer health status
- To update your device driver
- Control temperature
- To replace your device with a new one
- Restore all system
- Hardware Acceleration Setting (Zero)
- Reinstall fresh Window
The error we mentioned in this blog seems different from what it is. It is the same across all devices and the methods to eliminate it are also interchangeable.
We have discussed all ways to remove the error of the thread stuck in the device driver. These are all recommended and tested methods to resolve these glitches from devices.
We hope this article has been a substantial source of knowledge for all of you and has answered all your queries regarding this issue.