James (murmuring): Shit, why the mouse has stopped working? Oh, Logitech gaming software is not detecting it. Let me google the solution for it.
Oh, so many fixes! Which one to choose?
Are you in the same situation as James? Have you encountered the Logitech Gaming Software Not Detecting Mouse problem? Are you looking for some top fixes for it? If yes, you are at the right place.
We have jotted down effective solutions for this problem. Let us move towards it.
Logitech Gaming Software Not Detecting Mouse
Logitech gaming software not detecting mouse error can occur because of numerous reasons. Always go for quick fixes first for solving any problem like it.
So here are some quick fixes you need to check before going for long solutions.
Some Quick Fixes:
1. Hardware Check
- Check every hardware in this step from your surface to the port.
- If you use rechargeable batteries, you must ensure that they are well charged. If you have not changed the battery in your mouse in a long time, try using it with a new one.
- Make sure the gaming and mouse surface are clean.
- Check for the cord. Sometimes a pull disconnects the mouse.
2. Connection Status
- It can also be because of connection issues like an unpaired mouse, defective G hub, or anything else.
- Before attempting any alternatives, consider changing the USB port and connecting the mouse to another port.
- Connect your mouse directly with your laptop USB port instead of using an external USB hub.
- Check for Bluetooth connection, if you are using a Bluetooth mouse. Secondly, make sure you are within the Bluetooth limits and have no interference.
If none of the quick fixes works, then do not worry. We also have some solutions for this issue. Try any of these.
Fix 01: Using Logitech as Administrator
Step 1: In File Explorer, look for the Logitech Gaming Software installation folder. It is saved at C: Program Files (x86) by default. Gaming software from Logitech.
Step 2: Right-click the executable file and select Properties from the context menu.
Step 3: Go to the Compatibility tab and double-check everything. As an administrator, run this software. To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
Fix 02: Update Mouse Driver
Step 1: To run Device Manager, press Win + R to open the Run window, and then type devmgmt.msc into the dialogue box.
Step 2: To expand it, double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
Step 3: Select Update driver from the context menu of your mouse driver.
Fix 03: Reinstall Logitech G-Hub.
If your Logitech G hub is not detecting on your computer, it’s possible that the installation is corrupted, and you will need to reinstall this gaming program. To cleanly reinstall the program, follow these steps:
Step 1: unplug all Logitech peripherals
Step 2: Make a backup of your profile data
Step 3: delete the Logitech G Hub altogether.
Step 4: go to Logitech G Hub’s official download page to get the latest version.
Step 5: Follow the on-screen directions to install it.
Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detecting Mouse
You can follow the above-given fixes for this issue as well, but another solution for this exact problem is as follows:
Step 01: Press the Windows key on your keyboard and select Control Panel.
Step 02: Select Uninstall software from the Category drop-down menu.
Step 03: Select MotionInJoy from the menu bar and select Uninstall.
Step 04: In the search bar, type Regedit and then press Enter.
Step 05: To open a search window, press the Ctrl key and F on your computer.
Step 06: Search for DS3 and delete all visible DS3 files, particularly the DS3.exe file.
Step 07: Disconnect the Logitech Unifying Receiver from the computer.
Step 08: After restarting your computer, connect your Logitech Unifying Receiver.
Step 09: Allow Windows Update to assist you in locating the suitable driver.
Logitech Gaming Software Not Detecting G502, G602
- Simply close and reopen the Logitech gaming software as an administrator. It will automatically pick up the mouse from there.
- Uninstall the Logitech software, restart the computer, and reinstall it. Restart the computer when the installation prompts you to.
Logitech G Pro Not Detected
Step 1: Open Device Manager
Step 2: View devices by container by selecting View at the top of the page.
Step 3: Locate and enlarge your headset/speaker. You’re seeking a specific component, such as the Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset or the Logitech G560 Gaming Speaker.
Step 4: Right-click and select Properties > Driver from the drop-down menu.
Step 6: If it has a Logitech driver, go to Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let Me Pick > USB Audio Device.
Step 7: This should restore Microsoft’s usual drivers.
How to Add a Device to Logitech Gaming Software?
It’s as simple as plugging the gadget into one of your computer’s USB ports. LGS will then add the device automatically, and you’ll be able to play around with the settings right away.
If you have a wireless device, install it according to the instructions that came with it, and LGS will immediately recognize it.
How Do You Reset a Logitech Wireless Mouse?
- You can Reset the Logitech Wireless mouse using the reset button at the bottom of the mouse.
- If there is no reset button, then remove the battery and other power sources. Add a new battery and restart it.
- You can also reset by disconnecting the mouse and then pairing it again.
The error Logitech Gaming Software Not Detecting Mouse occurs often. The user panics and searches for solutions. Instead of resolving the issue, he gets more nervous by seeing several solutions but finds none working.
We hope that these all solutions will help you to solve this problem. If you have any other solution that has worked for you, then let us know in the comments. Keep using technology!