Everyone tries to upgrade the system to get a fast result and overclock the CPU to do this, but due to these changes, our systems overheat.
The fan of our system can not cope with this extreme situation. Many reasons can lead to CPU fan errors. This misstep occurs due to boot up or startup.
If you are facing similar issues, we are here with a complete guide to resolve these errors.
Table of Contents
- How to Remove CPU Fan Error?
- CPU Fan Error on Boot but Fan is Running
- CPU Fan Speed Error
- Cpu Fan Not Detected But it is Spinning
- Final Thoughts
How to Remove CPU Fan Error?
When you startup your system or play a game, you come across an error message. The following tips are helpful to overcome this error:
1) Move Your Computer:
One of the most common reasons for overheating is the location of our system.
When we place our PC in a warm place or the presence of sunlight, it will affect the performance of the fan.
The recommended solution for this issue is to move your setup to a cool place. Make sure there is no dampness in that area.
2) Stop Overclocking:
Most professional gamers or hackers try to improve the speed of the CPU. They overclock their setup to get the required results.
One of the most important reasons for overheating is overclocking. Try to stop it. You can also build your system by yourself to improve the speed of the processor.
Also, Checkout How to Fix Computer Slowness?
3) Clear the Air Vents:
We always ignore the dusting of our machinery. We think it does not require any dusting.
Without dusting the fans of our computer become dusty. This dust and debris will block the air vent due to which fan makes grinding noise too.
You can use a vacuum cleaner or a piece of cloth to remove residue. Make sure this cleaning process will not damage other hardware.
4) Clean the CPU Fans:
If the location of our PC is in a dry place, fans will fill with dust. The best practice is to clean them.
You can use a piece of nylon cloth or toothbrush to clean the fans, but make sure you are doing it with soft hands.
5) Check Your Fan’s Location:
Sometimes, we wrongly insert a fan in its port. It is the main reason for showing errors on your screens.
Open your CPU and check out the location of fans. They are usually at the head of the motherboard.
There are multiple ports to insert the cooling system; you can check other ports. Maybe the first one will not function.
6) Try an Alternate CPU Fan Header:
As we already discussed, there are multiple ports to insert cooling fans. You can try another one to remove the error from your system.
7) Check the CPU Fan’s Settings in BIOS:
The following steps are helpful to change the setting in BIOS:
- Open BIOS by pressing the key F1 from the keyboard
- Go for the Advanced Setting
- Select the Hardware Monitor
- Click on Fan Enable
- Activate the Active Heat Sink
- Then disable the Passive Heat Sink
- In the end, save your changes
8) Change the BIOS Setting:
The following steps are helpful to change the BIOS setting:
- First of all, open BIOS
- Select the Monitor
- Choose the Fan Speed Monitor
- Press Ignore
- Then tick on the exit button
- Save all the changes you made
9) Replace the CPU Fan:
If nothing is helpful to overcome this error, there is a possibility that you have a broken fan. Remove the old fan and replace it with one to get good results.
Always choose a branded fan to install in your system. It is one of the necessary parts of the CPU.
You can also take the help of professionals to get the required results.
CPU Fan Error on Boot but Fan is Running
It may occur while booting. To try to remove this issue, we have proper knowledge about the causes of error:
What Causes CPU Fan Error on Boot?
- Hardware & software issue
- Physical damage
- Wrong setting of your fan in BIOS
- Dust and other particles may damage the fan
- The external factors like heat or sunlight damage the system
Solution No 1: Check the Hardware
Check out the connection between the fan system and the motherboard. Test the physical condition of the cooling fan. You can use the thermal paste to reduce this error.
Recommended Read Best CPU Cooler For i7 9700k
Solution No 2: Change your CPU Fans Setting From BIOS.
- To enter in the BIOS screen. Reboot your PC and press the keys F1 or F12 from your keyboard
- Choose Power Tap
- Highlight the Hardware Monitor Option from the drop-down list
- Select the CPU fan speed option
- Convert it into N\A
- Adjust the speed of the fan
Solution No 3: Lower the Default Fan RPM
The following steps are helpful to remove the CPU fan error:
- Reboot your computer
- Go to the CPU fan setting. It varies from architecture to architecture.
- Explore the CPU advance setting that controls RPM warning
- Set it at 600 RPM (Rotation per minute)
- lower the default value up to 300 RPM
- Save all the changes
- In the end, exit BIOS
CPU Fan Speed Error
To correct the CPU fan speed error, you take the following steps:
- Press F1 to change your BIOS setting
- Keep your PC in a chill place to save it from overheating
- Clean your CPU fans properly to increase the proficiency of fans
- Install a good airflow structure for ventilation
- Change BIOS setting
The detail of every solution is discussed earlier in the previous section.
Cpu Fan Not Detected But it is Spinning
- Restart your computer: Restarting your computer can correct the issue often. If it does not work, try the next one.
- Clean your fan by blasting it with compressed air: We have discussed the same solution in the previous section.
- Clean any wiring from the fan blades: Sometimes wiring can cause hindrance. It can affect the speed of the fan and the cooling system of the CPU. You can install a protector to save you from mishaps.
The cooling of the CPU is one of the essential requirements for proper functioning. Sometimes, you come across a CPU fan error that affects the cooling of the CPU.
To save you from the overheating problem of the CPU, we have discussed the solutions.
Hopefully, you have learned new things from this blog post. If you still have any questions, let me know in the comment section.
Also, Read How to Check the CPU Temperature?