Are you here with the question How do I know what iPad I have got? Well in this article I will explain to you how to check iPad model, its size, IOS, serial number and much more about it.
Some main points that this article cover is listed below.
- What is an iPad
- Its release date
- iPad vs. tablet
- Different types of iPad
- How to check its model, size and IOS
- How to update IOS
What is an iPad?
It is a touch screen tablet PC. Its main feature is that has the power of a desktop PC along with the Smartphone portability.
It has IOS operating system. It allows you to use surf online with ease. You can use WIFI and 4G no matter wherever you are. You can use the app store and download apps of your choice.
The latest versions introduced have many new features and are much lighter in size also.
When Were iPads Invented? What is its Release Date?
- It was introduced by apple.
- The idea was introduced in 1979 when with the release of the graphics tablet by apple.
- The first one was launched on 27th January 2010.
- In April 2010 it was released officially.
- Steve Job is the man behind this great invention.
- You will be surprised to know that the company sold about 300,000 units in its first day of sale
- Till the end of 2010, they successfully sold almost 15 million iPads.
What is the Difference Between a Tablet and an iPad? iPad vs. Tablet:
The key differences between the two are:
- You can consider it to be a type of tablet but a tablet cannot be referred to as an iPad.
- Tablet is basically a device that runs different OS while an iPad runs IOS as its Operating system.
- Tablets are introduced by different companies while the iPad is produced by apple.
- The first one supports 2 main models ‘WIFI only ’ and ‘WIFI and 3g’ while there are many varieties in the models of tablets.
Different types of iPads:
They have many different types. I will list some of them here
Some of its types are:
- iPad Mini
- iPad 3 and 4
- iPad mini Retina
You must also know what are the things that cause differences among its model. Some of the things of the sort are:
- Physical and display Size
- Different software and their services
- Battery Life
How do I Know What Model iPad I have got?
Its many models have been introduced. You might be confused in checking which model you have got.
This info is mostly needed when you have to buy its any new hardware device. For this reason, on you will have to buy the hardware matching its model number so that it may work without any issue.
Well, the simplest way to know about it is to check the model number on the back of your iPad. Its format will be A1234. It will have four digits and an alphabet in the start.
What if there is no such information there?
There is another way to do. Before going deep into that method you must first know how these model numbers vary.
The first method to know about the model number is the one I explained above. iPads differ from each other on the base of different features. These include WIFI and cellular data.
The other method to get this info is by going into its settings. Follow these steps to get this information:
- Open the setting from its home screen
- Tap the general button
- Open the about section
- There you will get the information you need to know.
How do I Know What Size iPad I have got?
Well by size there might be two things that you are looking for. Either its physical size or its capacity (storage).
To get the physical size, the model number information is enough for you. You can search that model number online and get what size it has.
The process of Knowing the capacity or storage is also not much difficult. You can get this information by going into the settings. Follow the steps below to get the capacity details.
- From settings open the general tab
- Then open the About tab.
- In the capacity area, you will get this information.
How do I Know What IOS I have on iPad?
There might be many reasons for knowing this information. It might happen that you intend to use an app that requires the IOS information to run.
Well, whatever the reason be, I will teach you how to find out this information but before that, you need to know What IOS is.
What is IOS? What Does it Stand for?
IOS refers to the iPhone operating system. Some important points about it are described below.
- This mobile operating system was introduced by apple.
- It was first used by Apple’s iPhone. Later on, other apple devices (like iPod) supported it.
- Its many versions have been introduced.
- The font used in its earlier version was Helvetica. Later on, other fonts were also used.
- Multitasking in IOS was introduced in 2010.
- The most important thing about IOS is that is marks as the second popular OS worldwide. Android stands in the first position in this regard.
Now I guess you know quite well what exactly IOS is. So it’s time to teach you how to know what IOS you are using.
It will be quite difficult for any one to name the IOS your device is running by just seeing it. A proper method exists in this regard.
The first method is similar to the one discussed in finding the model number and the capacity. You can get these details by going into the settings. From setting go to general and in the about section, these details would be displayed to you
Another way to get this information is by iTunes. Follow these steps to do so.
- To do this run iTunes on your PC.
- Then connect the device whose ios details you intend to know.
- When that device gets shown in iTunes you can check its ios details on clicking the summary.
How to Update IOS?
First, you must know the reason behind updating it. Will there be any change in its features? Is it safe? Is it easy?
You will surely see some new features and a better interface in the newer version than the old ones. The process of updating the IOS is pretty much easy.
Before doing this update make sure you have made its backup in case you face any issue. Also, check that whether your device supports the update or not.
To update the IOS version go to settings from there go to software update and download the latest version. Then install it.
You arrived at this article with the questions how do I know what iPad I have got and now I am pretty much sure that you have got an answer to this question.
Knowledge about the iPad model numbers and the different types of iPad will help you identify which one you have got. You will get much about it in the settings section of your device. Otherwise, if you have known its model number then by this model number you can unveil its many awesome features and enjoy them.
You will get much about it in the settings section of your device. Otherwise, if you have known its model number then by this model number you can unveil its many awesome features and enjoy them.