A SERP is the result of a search in a search engine. This abbreviation means Search Engine Results Page. In other words, this is a list of sites that are shown to the user when searching for a keyword. As a result of the search, the search engine shows not only a list of sites but also its contextual advertising. This data changes every time after an update, which occurs approximately once a week. Most often, these changes are minor. But after applying new algorithms, the results can change quite seriously.
The main elements of the SERP software are:
- Search results, consisting of links to sites. SEO optimizers strive for the highest position in the Google rating and try to use a good rank tracker for this. The search results page contains 10 links, but the number can be changed in the search settings;
- Blocks with contextual advertising;
- Shortcuts. These are small fields in front of search results. They can contain a typo correction while typing, quick response to a user request, a calculator, and so on;
- Pictures that are issued in response to a particular search query;
- Related queries. The user is offered word forms or similar queries.
How are search results formed?
- The user goes to the search engine page and enters a request to get the necessary information.
- After the user presses “Enter”, the ranking algorithm starts working. You see all the sites from the database that fully answer your request, as well as advertising from Google Adsense (or other search engines).
- Each of the sites has its relevance to the query and rating. Depending on this, the pages are ranked (sorted). The most relevant page takes its place at the top.
- After the search engine has done all the operations, it displays a list of pages that can fully correspond to your request.
You can see the rating of your website on the pages of relevant search results using a regular search for key queries. At the same time, the SERP is generated each time taking into account local settings. Search results outside the regions (without reference to the location parameter) simply don’t exist. The search result is always tied to a specific region.
When doing SEO optimization, it is useful to track positions as it gives you an understanding if you are doing everything correctly, and, if necessary, adjust the actions.
Google is constantly changing the display options on its search results page. The starting point of any good SEO strategy is understanding what Google decides to display on it and why. Then you will be able to understand what you need to do or adjust so that your site is displayed more often and in TOP positions.
The main task of SEOs who are engaged in SEO promotion is not just to display the website in the SERP but to get into the TOP10 (first 10 results) since this is where you can get the main traffic (visitors). As practice shows, users rarely go to the 2nd and subsequent SERP pages (only in those cases when they didn’t find the answer to their request on the first page and this happens extremely rarely).
The SpySERP rank tracker offers the following services:
- Checking and analyzing site positions in search engines;
- Detailed indication of the country, city, location, and language selection;
- Scheduled scan launch;
- E-mail notifications.
The SpySERP rank tracker tool collects real data, no XML. You can analyze up to 1 million keywords in one project. You can add any number of domains, categorize keywords, and rate the relevance of a page according to your keywords. Also, the best rank tracker SpySERP helps you analyze the TOP of search results. Export reports are made in PDF, XLSX, CSV formats.
This best Google keyword rank checker is designed for SEO specialists and web developers. The free plan of the SpySERP rank tool allows you to analyze the visibility of three domains for 300 keywords in two search engines in one check. Also, the ability to start many projects and domains in them will be really useful.
So, as Google continually adds new elements to search results, only keyword analysis is not enough. You should also use data from a real and constantly changing SERP. SERP analysis should be part of every piece of content you release. You need to know what people expect to see when they search. Keeping track of new data and monitoring SERPs isn’t that hard.