Have you ever faced a situation in which you cannot use a printer? Why is it so?
If you are looking for the solution to the same issue of the printer driver is unavailable, then we are going to discuss printer drivers and how to resolve their issues. This article will help you avoid this situation next time.
- What is a Printer Driver?
- Why Does My Printer Say My Driver is Unavailable?
- How Do I Fix My Printer Driver is Unavailable?
- The Printer Driver is Unavailable For Windows 10
What is a Printer Driver?
A printer driver is software. It helps build a connection between your operating system and the printer.
It is the primary software that helps you to send a soft copy of your document to a printer using machine language. So, the printer will read instructions and perform functions according to information. It will then print out the written document.
There are various types of drivers. Some of them are:
- Printer Command Language (PCL)
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Host-Based Printer Driver(HBP)
- Universal Printer Driver(UPD)
Whenever you try to print out your document, your computer screen shows the printer driver is an unavailable error.
It is because your printer driver is incompatible with the printer; it is outdated, or your printer driver is corrupt. These are the possibilities for such types of errors.
The printer is an essential part of a computer, which provides you with prints. Sometimes it stops doing any work and malfunctions. You can use driver utility to update drivers. Here, we are going to discuss all the solutions to avoid this fault.
Solution No 1: Uninstall The Printer Driver
The first solution carries the following steps to perform these functions.
- Press the window key and R, then tap on the control in the dialogue box. Then press the key Enter. In a list of icons, select the devices and printer.
- Then, you see many printers, press the printer you want to remove. Click the remove device.
- Press Window and R again and compose devmgmt.msc. Select Print queues and select Uninstall.
- Press Window and R type appwiz.cpl. Then it proceeds with the installation.
- Remove all connections between computer and printer. If you have connected your PC with a USB, then remove it.
- Wait for about 10 minutes and then build a connection again between your computer and printer. Try to print a page to see the function of the machine.
- Move on to the control panel and set it as the default printer.
Solution No 2: Reinstalling Latest Printer Drivers Manually
If you want to reinstall the printer driver, you can get it from the producer’s website. You can do this through the following steps:
- Click R and Windows, then type devmgmt.msc. It will open a new window.
- For the sub-menu Print queues, select that option. Then, update the driver.
- Pick the choice that says which way you want to reinstall or choose another option browse my computer for driver software.
- Now, check if the printers are working.
- Go to the Microsoft website.
- Click on the hide update.
- Choose the printer update because some windows cannot update it automatically.
Solution No 3: Install Default Generic Printer Driver
If the above two solutions are not working for you, maybe this third solution is recommended. To install the default generic printer driver, take the following steps:
- Press the Window key and X.
- Select device manager and find out your driver. If you do not find your required driver, check it from an unknown category.
- Click on your printer and then tap on the update drive.
- Select from options let me pick from the list of drivers.
- Choose generic software to install it.
- Then, restart your computer.
You may be worried about using Windows 10 because you often hear that Windows 10 is not supporting your printer driver to print your hard copies.
Hp users mostly reported this problem. Here are some tips and ways that you can use to save yourself from driver errors.
Way 01: Use windows Update Tools
- Click the start button and go to the Setting icon
- Choose the update and security option.
- It will show there if required any update.
- After it completes the update, then restart your computer
- Later on, check the printer to print some hard copies
Way 02: Your Printer Drivers Require An Update
If you want to upload printer drivers, you need to do the following operations:
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select Device Manager and go to Printer in the list.
- Click on the printer’s name.
- Select the option update driver
- Select browse my computer for driver software.
Way 03: Update Your Printer Drivers Automatically
All these procedures are tedious and complex, especially for a beginner.
You might make a mistake or select any wrong option during the installation of the printer driver.
You can make the computer completely useless and malfunction.
For this, you can use driver search and updating software like Drive Support. This software helps you to update printer drivers automatically. It will successfully update your printer driver.
Way 04: Troubleshooting Printer Driver
To fix troubleshooting, you need to take the following steps:
- Open manufacturer website and explore the all printers driver
- Select the printer driver you want to fix
- After installing the driver, restart your computer.
In this blog post, we have discussed printer drivers and their faults.
We have tried to explain to you all the ways to fix the printer driver is unavailable issue. Always make sure you have enough knowledge to operate and fix a printer driver.
Hopefully, this article will provide you with a complete guide to solve all these problems.