Games are most popular in this age of social media. Everyone wants to play a game as entertainment.
Some play games as a hobby, but it is a matter of life and death for others. They compete online with different opponents
People prefer games to play. But, in this regard, they need a high operating system to play high-quality games.
Most of the users build their laptops by themselves according to their requirements.
If you are looking for a tutorial about how to build a gaming laptop from scratch within your expenses, this guide will prove to be helpful for you. Let us get started.
How Much Does It Cost to Build a Laptop?
Designing your system is expensive as compared to buying from the market. No doubt, most people want to know the expenses of a gaming laptop.
A simple gaming system costs about $800 to $1200. For a high-level gaming experience, you have to pay about $2000.
Prices of different components of the system are:
- Processor: It costs $200 to $300. But AMD CPUs are cheaper than Intel.
- Graphics Cards: They are typically more expensive than other components. It is necessary for a good gaming experience. It costs $100 to $1200.
- Power Supply: You have to pay about $25 to $40.
- Motherboard: For this, you must have $25 to $180.
- RAM: $600 to $1000 is enough to install a good RAM.
Also, Read Things to Know Before Buying a Gaming Laptop
How to Build a Gaming Laptop from Scratch?
It does not require special qualifications to build a laptop for your work. It only needs a bit of knowledge about the most common parts of the laptop.
Next, you have to check how much you want to spend on your setup. We face the most frequently asked question: Is it worth building your laptop?
The manufacturer or seller usually sells such types of laptops that are general in their function. They do not need our requirements of usage.
So, it is best to build your system according to your choice. Yes, no doubt it is worth making your laptop. Following are some ways to build your computer:
- Laptop Customization Services: Some PC brands like Lenovo and Dell provide you with a setup according to your choice. You only need to tell them about the required processor, display, CPU, and GPU. They can assemble a PC that is good for your work. If you do not have enough money, then I do not recommend this way. It is not a cost-effective method.
- Building a Laptop by Yourself: If you need a high-performance system for your heavy tasks like gaming and graphics designing, the best idea is to design your system yourself.
How to Select Laptop Components?
1) Barebones Laptop:
First, you need to buy a barebones laptop. It already contains a laptop shell, power supply, motherboard, and architecture. ODM has designed Barebones laptops like Quanta, Compal, Wistron, etc.
2) Central Processing Unit (CPU):
CPU is the central processing unit for any system. It needs to be in a good position. Because it is the soul of your computer.
It is a semiconductor integrated circuit chip that interprets data and information in your system and provides an output in a readable and understandable form.
You should need to consider the following things while selecting the CPU.
- Brand: Your CPU is from a famous brand. You can prefer brands like Apple, Dell, and Lenovo
- Clock rate: Your CPU has a higher clock frequency. It means that it processes your data immediately without any delay
Also, Checkout How to Overclock Ryzen 5 2600?
RAM is a bridge between external memory and storage and plays a primary role in memory storage. There are three main generations, DDR1, DDR2, DDR3, and DDR4, and the advised generation is four.
If we look at the storage point of view, it should have 8GB storage. It works well for games and runs them smoothly. It has a higher frequency for a better experience. You can also upgrade the RAM if you intend to enjoy a higher performance.
Also Read RAM vs. Storage
4) Hard Drive
No doubt, you are all aware of this name. It is a storage medium, considered as primary storage.
There are two storage mediums: SSD and HDD.
The former is good in storage and uses laser light to read or write data.
The Latter is not efficient as compared to SSD. Storage of the hard drive needs to be at least 500 GB.
Assembling the Laptop
After selecting your main components, the next important step is to assemble them correctly. For assembling following steps are worthwhile:
- Open the backside of your laptop with the help of a screwdriver. The posterior of your PC needs to face you. Then install the CPU.
- Insert the Ram. As it is very delicate to add this to your system. So, insert it carefully.
- Add a hard drive to your PC if you have bought a graphic card. If not, then it is ok for other tasks.
- Remount the cover and start your computer. Make sure that you have plugged the cables properly.
What Do You Need to Build a Laptop?
To enjoy a smooth gaming experience, you should install the following components in your system:
- GPUs or Graphic cards
- Integrated CPUs
- Storage (SSD or HDD)
- Optical driver (CD)
We discuss the details of every part in the previous section. Check the section “How to build a gaming laptop from scratch.”
For jobs, video editing, or gaming experience, we all need a setup according to our requirements. In this blog post, we have discussed the necessary components of laptops, installation, and assembling.
Most importantly, we have mentioned the cost of every part. Hopefully, you have learned everything from our blog.
If you still have any issues regarding how to build a gaming laptop from scratch, let us know in the comment section. Your comment will be appreciated.
An Amazing Read How to Build Your Own Gaming Desktop Computer?