Many people ask how to fix my laptop mouse pad, not working.
If you are also here with this question in your mind, then relax as you will get an in-depth answer to this question here in this article.
In this article, you will get the solution to the touchpad not working and its scrolling issues too.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix My Laptop Mouse Pad Not Working?
- What is a Mousepad on a Laptop Called?
- Why is My Laptop Mouse Not Working?
- Laptop Mouse Pad Not Working Dell:
- How to Fix Laptop Mouse Pad Not Working hp?
- The Laptop Keyboard is Not Working:
- Two Finger Scroll Not Working on Windows:
- Final Words:
How to Fix My Laptop Mouse Pad Not Working?
Have you ever faced an issue when your touchpad or mousepad does not respond to your clicks or touches?
There is some serious problem when your laptop’s touchpad doesn’t respond to your fingers.
What is a Mousepad on a Laptop Called?
The laptop mousepad is formerly referred to as the touchpad.
You can use it to control the mouse by the thumb or my finger on a flat surface.
Buttons nearby refer to the right and left buttons.
Why is My Laptop Mouse Not Working?
It is quite impossible to use a windows PC without a mouse or any other pointing device.
A simple reboot of the system solves many of such issues.
Therefore try it first.
If it doesn’t work, then try the methods discussed ahead in this article.
1) Accidentally Disabling of Touchpad:
The check of it is accidentally disabled or not.
The touchpad can enable and disable by using some key combinations.
It involves holding down one of the functions key and Fn key together.
- Fn key is usually present on the lower-left corner of the keyboard.
- The function keys are from F1 to F12.
- It can be some other key too.
2) Enable Settings From Control Panel:
- Open the control panel.
- Click mouse.
- Select the last tab (ELAN tab) in the more properties window.
- This tab configures the touchpad. Its name can be different depending on the model of the touchpad.
- Then enable it from there.
3) Update Drivers:
- Check the touchpad driver from the laptop manufacturer’s website.
- Then download and install it to fix the issue.
4) Hardware Problems:
If all of the above methods don’t solve the issue, there is probably some hardware problem.
- Your devices can be defective too.
- You need to send your laptop to the repair shop to get it solved.
- You can also consider buying an external mouse.
Laptop Mouse Pad Not Working Dell:
It is quite irritating when the on-screen cursor becomes unresponsive.
While working, you will witness your mousepad not working on your Dell laptop.
To fix it, follow the tips below.
- Check the BIOS configuration and enable touchpad from there.
- Check if the touchpad is connected correctly to the mainboard or not.
- Sometimes the pad is broken too. If its warranty period is not over, then you can quickly get it repaired.
1) Uninstalling Drivers:
You can try uninstalling the touchpad drivers and then installing them again.
To do this, follow these steps.
- Righ, click on my computer.
- Click on properties.
- Go to device manager add hem head over to Dell touchpad.
- Click on uninstall.
- Once it is uninstalled, download the latest driver and install it.
- Then restart your laptop.
2) Fix Faulty Cursor Movement:
- Turn off your laptop.
- Remove all cords.
- Wipe down the trackpad surface so it has no dirt.
- Turn on your laptop again.
- Test the trackpad to check if the issue is still there.
Also Read Computer Cable Types You Should Know
3) Laptop Mouse Pad Buttons Are Not Working:
- Remove mice from the device manager
- Reboot the device
- Then reinstall.
4) Blowing Compressed Air:
Slight lifts the touchpad buttons using a pin.
Then blow inside the compressed air.
5) Run Hardware Troubleshooter:
- Goto Control Panel.
- From the view by the option on the top-right corner, select large icons.
- Then go to troubleshooting.
- Click the view all option.
- Click on hardware and devices.
- Run the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will start detecting the issues.
6) Boot in Safe Mode:
In safe mode, your PC starts up with some limited files and drivers, but the Windows will still run in this case.
You can check the mousepad button click issue in safe mode.
- From the start button, go to settings.
- Then click update and security.
- From the left pane, select recovery.
- Select advanced startup.
- Click the Restart now button.
- Select troubleshoot, then choose the advanced option.
- Click restart by going into the startup settings.
- Then run in safe mode.
7) Run a System Scan:
- From the start menu, type cmd
- Righ, click command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type sfc/scannow.
- Press enter and then restart your system.
How to Fix Laptop Mouse Pad Not Working hp?
It is quite frustrating when the touchpad stops responding.
Some possible solutions to this issue are listed below:
Roll Back Touchpad Driver:
If the touchpad started creating problem after the system upgrades, then this means that it is not compatible with the latest update.
If that’s the real issue, then roll back the touchpad driver.
- Type in the Windows+R key to open the run box.
- Then type devmgmt.msc and click Ok.
- From the mice category, select the touchpad device and double-click on it.
- From the driver tab, click on the rollback driver button.
- Restart your system to check if the issue persists.
The Laptop Keyboard is Not Working:
You might have faced the problem that the laptop’s keyboard stops working.
- First, you need to check if there is any physical damage to the laptop’s keyboard.
- Clean the keyboard with a brush and make sure that all dust is removed.
- Try solving the issue by reinstalling the keyboard drivers.
- If you think that any external software is responsible for this issue, you can also reset keyboard settings to default to fix it.
Also, Checkout How to Connect Wireless Keyboard?
If you experience a short lag time between the key pressed and the character displayed on the screen, then disable the filer keys.
Filter keys ignore the repeated keystroke to make typing easier but can also be an issue for fast typing speed people.
To disable it, follow these steps.
- Go to settings
- Then go to the ease of access.
- From the left menu, select the keyboard.
- There you will find the option to disable it.
Sometimes this issue can be due to a defective keyboard too.
Two Finger Scroll Not Working on Windows:
To solve it, you need to enable two-finger scrolling on your laptop.
Changing the source pointer also works in some cases.
1) Change the Mouse Pointer:
- From the control panel, go to hardware and sound.
- Go to devices and printer
- Then click the mouse.
- Select the new pointer from the settings.
2) Enable Two Finger Scroll:
- Open control panel.
- Then click on hardware and sound.
- From the device and pointer, click on the mouse.
- Click the device’s settings.
- Highlight the Synaptic Touch-pad and click the settings button.
- This setting tab will be displayed only if the touchpad is installed.
- Expand multi-finger gestures.
- Then enable two integer scrolling from there.
- Apply and save the changes.
By following these simple tips, you can surely troubleshoot the issue laptop mouse pad not working on your laptop.
You also need to know how to unlock the mouse on your Hp and Dell laptop.
These things will be useful for you in troubleshooting your system.
If you have any further issues in this regard, do mention them in the comment section below. I would feel glad to answer your queries.
Do Read Surface Pen Not Writing