Are you using Windows 7 and now want some more features in it? If yes, Microsoft has a wonderful upgrade for you. The benefits of Windows 10 over Windows 7 will stun you. It has many additional features, including enhanced security, Xbox, DirectX, BitLocker, automatic updates, and many more. You will have different Windows editions for home, enterprise, and IoT as well.
- Windows 10 Editions
- Benefits of Windows 10
- Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10
- Difference Between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Benefits of Windows 10 Over Windows 7
- Should I Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?
Windows 10 Editions
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 10 IoT Core
Benefits of Windows 10
- Friendly User Interface: Windows 10 brings a familiar interface to the desktop and enhancing current productivity tools.
- More Apps: It allows modern apps to run in a window on the desktop.
- Security: It has more enhanced security and identity features. It ensures the privacy of data on your device and while transferring to other devices.
- Compatibility: Windows 10 has an advanced tool to check the compatibility of the OS with the applications.
- Consistent: Windows 10 is a complete package that supports every device from a room display to a desktop. It facilitates users with the consistent best experience.
- Cloud Function: Traditional systems now have built-in mobile device management and cloud-based functionality just because of windows 10.
Benefits of Windows 10 Pro
- Easy Upgrade: Windows 10 Pro enables you to manage user experiences in the cloud and upgrade all your company’s devices from one version of Windows 10 to the next.
- Built-in security: Windows 10 Pro comes with improved built-in security that safeguards your company’s information, like using a BitLocker will not allow unauthorized persons to sign in.
- Management features: Microsoft has included Management and deployment features in Windows 10 Pro.
- Connection: Windows 10 Pro allows connecting with business or school networks.
Reasons to Upgrade to Windows 10
- Free Upgrade: Microsoft is offering a free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 and windows 8.1.
- Editions: On Windows 10, you will find a range of versions. Windows 10 offers OS for desktops, phones, tablets, and the Internet of things (IoT).
- Familiar features: Windows 10 is a combination of the two best previous versions, windows 7 and windows 8.1. In this upgrade, you will find a similar feature to the start menu.
- New Store: Windows 10 has a new store having Xbox and new apps.
- Switching Tabs: You can now use multiple windows on the desktop. It has restored multitasking for people.
- Universal App: Microsoft is introducing a new software model named universal apps. It has a new version that allows creating apps for a variety of devices
Difference Between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10
For touch devices
Run-on all devices
Not gaming OS
High gaming feature
Internet Explorer (updated)
Microsoft edge (new)
Benefits of Windows 10 Over Windows 7
1. Windows 10 is Faster Than Windows 7 On Older Computers
Before giving any opinion about which OS is faster, define how old is your system. Windows 7 will be a good option if your PC is ten years old. If the system is new and can fulfill system requirements, Windows 10 is the best option.
If you have to stay on outdated technology for an extended amount of time, upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is a safe decision. The additional security features should be plenty of a reason to update.
2. Windows 10 Vs Windows 7 Gaming
Microsoft included an Xbox app in Windows 10. This allows you to stream Xbox One content to your PC while also keeping track of Xbox Live content. Windows support DirectX 12 for the rendering of video and audio in Windows 10.
One drawback of windows 10 is that older games are not compatible with it. So, Windows 7 is even not an awful choice for gaming.
3. Windows 10 Vs Windows 7 Memory Usage
Windows 7 was using roughly 800 MB of memory which is about 20% of the overall memory. Windows 10 uses roughly 700 MB, which is about 17% of the overall memory.
One cannot review the memory too early, but 17% is better than 20%. Windows 10 makes better utilization of RAM than Windows 7 and improves overall performance.
4. Windows 7 Vs Windows 10 Performance
If you are thinking about upgrading to Windows 10, you won’t notice a substantial reduction in performance or have any problems operating it on any semi-modern hardware that can run Windows 7 or higher.
Although it is not as wonderful news as claiming that Windows 10 provides a significant performance gain, Windows 10 has performed admirably.
5. Windows 10 Security
The increased security and ongoing patches and updates provided by Windows 10 are the most interesting reasons to upgrade to the most recent version of the operating system. The following are some of the best security features:
- Face recognition software that unlocks your machine’s webcam and more than a dozen apps using facial recognition.
- You get a free antivirus and internet security suite in windows 10.
- Unlike previous versions of the operating system, Windows 10 includes automatic updates as standard. This helps to keep systems more secure.
Should I Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?
If you are using Windows 8.1 and your system follows the guideline to upgrade, then go for it. Windows 10 upgrade is worth in terms of security, more features, performance, and memory.
These benefits of windows 10 over windows 7 are worth trying. You should upgrade your OS to Windows 10 (if your system is compatible) as upgrading from any previous version is free. You can enjoy much more features than Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 from performance to security.
Also Checkout Function of the Kernel of an OS