The PlayStation 4 is a branded PC that offers a diverse selection of entertainment possibilities. It is the terrific living room gaming system available, with developers routinely creating games with great graphics.
We are going to tell you how to access the PS4 hard drive on a PC? How to format it and resolve the not recognized issue.
- How to Access PS4 Hard Drive on PC?
- How to Format PS4 Hard Drive on PC?
- PS4 Hard Drive Not Recognized on PC
- How to Install PS4 OS on New Hard Drive?
- How to Increase the Size of Ps4 Hard Drive?
- What to Do with Old PS4 Hard Drive?
How to Access PS4 Hard Drive on PC?
One can access PS4 using several methods, but we have listed only two of them. These both are working solutions.
Solution 01: Using Control Panel Administrative Tools
- After plugging it in, enter Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Computer Management-Disk Management, and then select Format when you see the mobile hard disc.
- The computer can copy the games on the external hard disc to another hard disc. It is entirely workable.
- To begin, connect the PS4 to the computer and copy the data to other hard drives.
- Using an external hard drive as an expansion disc to install games on a PS4 equipped with a system is not supported, and you must download the latest version of the game to the built-in hard disc.
Solution 02: Using Disk Management
- Remove your PS4’s hard drive and reconnect using a SATA to USB 3.0 converter.
- Now, hit Windows + E to launch Windows Explorer.
- Go to This PC and search for your PS4 Hard Drive.
- If it does not appear here, press Windows + X.
- Click Disk Management to open the Disk Management utility and access Windows disc management HDD.
How to Format PS4 Hard Drive on PC?
Method 01: Reformat PS4 hard drive with EaseUS Partition Master
Step 01: Delete Partition
- Start EaseUS Partition Master on your PC.
- Choose whether to erase a single partition or the entire hard disc.
- To confirm the deletion, click OK.
- To save the modification, go to the top menu and select Execute xx Operation, then Apply.
Step 02: Create Partition
- Launch EaseUS Partition Master. Right-click the unallocated space on your hard disc or external storage device in the main window and select Create.
- Adjust the partition size, file system, label, and so on. To proceed, click OK for the new partition.
- Click the Execute Operation button, then Apply to create a new partition.
Method 02: Format through Disk Management
- To launch the Run dialogue, press the Windows + R keys at the same time. Type diskmamt.msc and press Enter to start Disk Management. It will list all the drives attached to the computer in the lower portion of Disk Management.
- In Disk Management, locate the PS4 drive. It is a crucial step because if you choose the wrong disc, you will lose data. The size or number of partitions on the PS4 drive can help you to identify it.
- To erase all the existing partitions on the drive, right-click on each block and select Delete Volume. To confirm, click Yes. Finally, one large Unallocated block will appear.
- Select New Simple Volume from the context menu of the unallocated block. Keep hitting the Next button. Finally, you will create a new partition, which will be visible in the File Explorer.
PS4 Hard Drive Not Recognized on PC
There are two scenarios of this issue.
The first is that it shows no hard drive, and the second is that it sometimes recognizes it and sometimes not. For both cases, you can use the software rebuild methods.
- Using the power button, turn off your PS4.
- Hold the power button down until you hear two beeps.
- Connect your PS4 controller to your computer via a USB cable, then click the PS button. It will show few options after entering into safe mode.
- To begin the procedure, select the Rebuild Database option and press X.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click the OK button.
- Your screen will go black for a few hours while the database is being constructed.
How to Install PS4 OS on New Hard Drive?
If you have a new hard drive, then you need to install PS4 OS in it. Follow these steps to do it:
- Connect a USB flash drive large enough to hold the PS4 OS file to a computer. You can download software via the PlayStation website – PS4 Website.
- Scroll down to Perform a New System Software Installation and click the Download Now button.
- Make a folder called PS4 on the USB device – Keep all capital.
- Inside that folder, make a folder called UPDATE – Keep all capital.
- Look for PS4UPDATE.PUP and place it in the UPDATE folder.
- Eject the drive from the computer securely.
- Hold the power button down until the PS4 beeps a second time to turn it on. The Safe Mode window should appear.
- Select PS4 Initialize and choose OK after attaching the USB flash disc you generated earlier.
- The installation process will start once you confirm the procedure.
- Set up PS4 as a new system once the installation process completes.
How to Increase the Size of Ps4 Hard Drive?
Let us increase the size of the hard drive with these simple tips:
- Using a small solid-state drive as an external expansion solution for your PS4 appears to be the ideal decision.
- If an SSD doesn’t seem to make much of a difference on load screens after a few seconds, then go for SSHD and Caddy.
- A low-cost solution that will significantly increase the storage capacity of your PS4 is to use External HDD.
What to Do with Old PS4 Hard Drive?
When you have set up the new PS4 hard drive, use the old one in the following ways:
- Use it as a backup storage drive.
- Convert it to a portable external hard drive.
- Make a NAS out of old hard drives.
- Make a Utensil Block and Cubicle Mirror for the Rear View at Home.
- Wind Chimes Made from a Hard Drive Platter
PS4 is the life of every gamer and he panics when any of the problems occur with it. To keep you calm and make your gaming experience more smooth we have tried to add all the solutions in the blog.
After reading it, you will know that how to access PS4 hard drive on PC, what to do with an old hard drive, and many more.