So you are looking for answer to a question in your mind what is a browser and what browser am I using? Well you have arrived at the best place. In this article you will get information related to your desired topic. Some of the points discussed in this article are:
- What is a web browser
- different internet browsers
- how to detect version and update it
What is a web browser?
It is a software application used to search out and retrieve information on the world wide web.. The navigation is done through hyperlinks and the information resource is picked out by URL (Uniform Resource Locator).
Is Google a browser?
Are you confused with this question? Let me remove your confusion in this matter.
Google is not a browser, it is a company that provides different products and Google chrome is the web browser of Google.
Where is the browser?
- On windows internet explore come installed and is located on the task bar.
- On Apple computers safari is installed and is located on the same are i.e. task bar.
How do I know what browser I am using?
It is important to know which one you are using. There are several websites where you can get info about it. However a simple method to check it from task manger. The task manager of your device will show all tasks processing at a particular time. In these processes you will get to know the name of your browser also.
My browser info:
What browser should I use?
What qualities you want to see in it? Is it speed, customization or something else? Almost all of them are striving their best to provide you your desired output in the fastest possible way.
Different web browsers:
Some of the well known are:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
So you want to choose any one among these?
The one which is a step ahead of these is GOOGLE CHROME. It is the fastest and most used all over the world. Its users are increasing day by day. It is the most fastest and reliable among all. So you should not hesitate while choosing it among all.
Is my browser up to date?
The method to check this is varies from a one to other. I will explain you some general settings here to know whether it is up to date or not. Open it then from help click about (your web browser’s name), for example for Google chrome it would be written about Google chrome.
You will be redirected to a page where you will get your desired information.
What internet explorer am I using?
- Open internet explorer.
- Then click the gear icon.
- From there click about internet explorer and thus you will get the information about the version of internet explorer you re using.
Why update browser?
Are you among the people who think that if it is working properly than there is no need to update it to the latest version because it is showing websites properly and your are satisfied with it.
Let me tell you the importance of updating it.
- If you are not updating it then you may be missing the new tricks and functionalities that are not supported by your version and are only in the latest version. So update it and enjoy them.
- It may also happen that the version you are using may not be much secure so to increase the security you might need to update it.
- Other reason to update it is that there may be some extensions that work only in the latest version so update it to use them.
How to update my internet browser?
The method is different on every browser. Some of them tell about the availability of updates automatically while some donot. You should know how to update them no matter the it asks you or not. I will discuss the methods to do this on most popular used ones. These are:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
How to update Google chrome?
To update it, follow these steps
- Open Google chrome
- Form the top right click the sign with 3 dots in vertical
- Click update Google chrome. If you don’t see this option no need to worry, it means that you are running the latest version.
- Click relaunch.
- Then restart it so that this update may be applied.
How to update internet explorer?
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon the top right.
- Then click about internet explorer.
- Check the box saying install new version automatically.
- Then close it.
- In this way Internet explorer will itself update to the latest version.
How do I update Mozilla Firefox?
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Then click menu button
- Click help
- From there select about Firefox
- The window will open and it will start downloading the latest version automatically
- Then restart it so that the updates may be applied.
What are browser extensions?
- These are plug-ins that extends the functionality and working.
- They do not affect the content but can change the user interface.
- Browsers have online stores from where you can get these.
- They are quite helpful when working online. They use some technologies.
- They can help in protecting your online presence.
- Cross browser extensions have also been developed.
By now I am pretty sure that you might have got answer to your questions, what is a browser on the computer And how to know what browser am I using?
You should know what your browser is, detect its version and update it to the latest version. They are quite important as they made your way to communicate through internet and retrieve your desired information. They are the ones that display the websites in the way a web develop designs it. Thus no one can deny their importance.