So you are looking for information related to chrome and want to know How to set Google chrome as default browser. In this article you will get awesome knowledge about your desired topic and much more related to it. Some of the topics covered in this article are listed below:
- Google chrome web setting, store, apps and extensions.
- how to restore and restart Google chrome browser
- It’s menu and advanced settings
What is Google chrome?
Google is a company and chrome is its product. It was introduced in 2008 to surf the web easily. Through this you can easily search on the web and do your online work. It the most used browser of this time. It has made easy to use web based applications. You can also sign in with your Google account while using it. It has combined address bar and search box. It manages system a little bit differently from other browsers.
Google chrome options menu:
This is the icon at the top right. You can easy find it.The one with 3 dots in vertical.
What is a default browser?
It is the one that is automatically used when you one a web page or click on a link.. For example you have saved a web page in your computer and when you open it then it will open in the browser that is set default. You should set your favourite browser as default because by doing this you wont get irritated if you accidentally click any web page file in your computer and any slow browser opens it.
How to set chrome as default browser?
I will discuss here 2 methods to do this.
- Set it from the chrome itself.
- Set it from your PC windows.
- This one is quite simple and easy. Follow these steps:
- Open chrome
- Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots on the top right.
- From there click settings.
- Then scroll down a little bit and you will see the option shown in the picture. Just click on it and you are done.
NOTE: If it is already your default one then you won’t be seeing this option. You would be seeing this one:
There is also a method set it from Your Pc windows. It will work on windows 7 and 9. Just follow these steps to do so:
- Open control panel form your start menu
- From there open default programs
- Click ‘set your default programs’.
- From programs on the left side choose the browser you want to set as default.
- Then click ‘set this program as default’.
- Then click ‘OK’ and the settings will be applied.
On windows 10 this can be done from ‘settings’ then go to ‘system’ and then ‘default apps’.
How to set chrome as default browser on android?
These configurations are not much difficult on android also. Go to settings then apps–>all–>internet then clear defaults. When the next time you open a link you will be asked to make it default, there click on it and the changes will be applied.
This can also be done in another way. Just follow these steps:
- From device open ‘apps’
- There will be gear icon on the top right, tap on it to open settings
- Form advanced tab open default apps
- Open Browser apps and choose the one you want to set as default.
Google chrome web store, apps and extensions:
It is a store for its users. Here you can enjoy apps, get themes and games and much for entertainment. You can also share your apps so that it may reach a large number of people and in this way you can earn some revenue also. There are a large number of apps for you. You have to add them as extension in to run them.
Google chrome browser settings:
Let us suppose you have installed some extension or some other thing on your chrome and you are not satisfied with it, you want to return back to your old settings. What will you do at this stage?
If you are thinking to uninstall your browser and then install it again then you are wrong. No doubt this can be done but in this way you will lose some information. The best solution to this case is reset your browser to its default settings.
To do this follow these steps:
- Click on the menu icon on the top right( icon with 3 dots in vertical)
- Click on settings
- From there click on the option saying ‘restore settings’.
To restore settings on android follow these steps:
- From the web browser app open menu key.
- Then open settings.
- From there tap to advance section, then to content settings.
- And choose reset to default.
Show advanced settings:
To do more settings, click on advanced option from menu –> settings. There are a lot of settings there such as privacy, network, passwords etc.
Chrome config page:
It allows you to do some additional settings. You can get access to some hidden ones also. If you to search for a setting type ctrl + F and you will see the search bar. Type about:flags in the bar to do some settings.
Google chrome web browser homepage settings:
Open settings from the menu icon on the top right. From the appearance tab do your desired settings. The settings under this allow you to change the search engine also.
Chrome settings shortcut:
There are many shortcuts that make your work easier and faster. I will discuss some of them here.
- To open a new tab in a new window type ctrl + n
- To move to the end of the page type end
- F5 is for reloading
- For full screen mode use F11
- Ctrl + k for search bar
- F10 is sued for menu
- Ctrl + shift + j is used for going into the developer tools.
how to restart chrome browser?
To do this type chrome://restart in the search bar and it will restart and continue from where you left.how to restart chrome browser
Thus you should not hesitate to set chrome as default browser. It the most speedy ad improves the search quality. It achieved remarkable progress in the market in a short span of time and is still the most desired one by internet users. Google chrome web store, apps and extensions have been always been user friendly and loved by users. So don’t waste time, download it and enjoy while being on the internet.